Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
cehcplh1

M.O.C. #9339
Satilite Question

I have a Dish Satilite. It works great except when we are surrounded by trees. Then I rely on cable or antenna for reception. The problem is: When I switch to cable or antenna, I have to switch the coax cables around on the Dish receiver.
I purchased a "4-way multi switch" from Radio Shack which will automatically switch the signals for you. ($44.00)
I do not have enough TV savey to connect the wiring. If anyone has experience with connecting the cables, please e-mail me (charlieharris2007@yahoo.com)or call at 409-201-1805. I really would appreciate it. Thanks!!!

cehcplh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hi neighbor. I can't help you with your question but here's the wiring diagram showing the loop I was telling you about. This is required for cable to reach the bedroom tv as well as the living room tv. I am not sure if that's also needed when using the rooftop antenna. I hope someone else can help you figure out how to wire that switch.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
On my DISH receiver (VIP-722) I have an "antenna" input. using that I can switch from Satellite to Antenna with the push of a button, no switches needed.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
cehcplh1

M.O.C. #9339
I talked to a Dish Satellite installer and he said the auto switch (Passiove 4-way satellite switch) from radio Shack will not work with the new dual receivers. He said to purchase from Radio Shack a (2-way A/B push button switch). He said this will work just fine to switch from antenna to satellite/cable. Thanks for everyones input!
cehcplh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
This will help on DTV http://www.swm8.com/index.php . I'm not sure about how DISH works. Kerry
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
bigbob7777
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3701
Send a message via AIM to bigbob7777
Actually what you need is a diplexer. It looks just like a splitter, but allows power to pass. There is 18VDC passing between the receiver and the dish outside. You will have the one wire from outside (connected either to the dish or the cable tv). On the inside, take the wire from the outside and run it into the diplexer (side with a single input). Then run 2 wires: there is a side on the diplexer/splitter that says "power pass". This connector/wire goes to "sat in" on the receiver. The other side, run a wire to "ant in" on the receiver.

I don't think an A/B switch will pass the power needed.

bob
bigbob7777 is offline   Reply With Quote