Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
troutchasers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10657
Mounting a 32" antenna on new F350

I'm considering adding a 32" omni truckers antenna on the new F350 TV. It will be part of a cellular amp for the inside of the TV. Just to pass on the "safety issue" it will be used with the Bluetooth Sync handsfree system in the TV as well as driving the DW's cell and laptop aircard for internet in the TV.

I really cringe at the idea of putting a hole in the roof of the new TV. There is a "3 way" mount that comes with, but I'm not sure just what/where that would mount. The product overview does state The antenna will fit a standard 3/8 24 thread CB adapter. I missed the CB age. The antenna wire is permanently mounted and comes out the side of the antenna base, not the bottom.

Is there a way I can place a 32" antenna atop the TV without drilling a hole in the roof. Not sure if there are any options with this "3 way mount". I use ATT voice/data and need all the help I can get boosting voice/data in marginal areas.

Thanks!

troutchasers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I use the DIAMOND K400K-3/8C.

Here it is mounted on the forward portion of my rear door.

Here is another view.

I put it there so it was as close to the hinges as possible to prevent coax crimping.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
Ren
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10954
I have one of these on my truck and it works great.

http://www.walcottcb.com/firestik-ss...ath=28_353_433

But why couldnt you use a magnet mount?

http://www.walcottcb.com/mounts-magn...8_353_429.html

Old 02-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
On Dodge there was enough of a lip on the bed between the cab to drill a hole and mount the antenna. Was a little tight to get the coax on but not too much of a problem. Was going to do it to my new truck but don't have the room to mount the radio where I did have it. Gotta find a place to mount it first.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #5
troutchasers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10657
Thank you for the suggestions.

John... I'm assuming with the Diamond mount you have run the antenna wire behind the door seal to the bottom of the door and then inside to where ever you need it. In my case it would be an internal antenna repeater, about the size of a large candybar.

Here is a picture of the bottom of the antenna I'm wishing to mount. Would it appear to you that I could mount this antenna and wire into the Diamond? I'm concerned with the antenna wire coming out the side of the base. There is also a spring adapter that could be mounted too. This looks like it might be the way to go.

Thanks!!!

troutchasers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Robert,
I used Ham Radio Outlet store. I think you could use the K400 and fit the top of the mount to accept your 3/8 threads and not pay for the coax. I suggest you call one of the stores and tell them what you are trying to do. I think you are using the Wilson Trucker Cell Antenna.
Good luck.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote