Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2006, 10:53 AM   #1
Silverbird
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5622
Awning color with new graphics

Awning color on the 06 with the new color graphics

Anyone out there with the new color graphics on their Monty - have you checked your awning and what color is it?

Silverbird
P.S. Have never posted before so am not sure how to do this???

Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
We seen an 06 Montana with the brown graphics and a blue awning...I thought brown awning would of been nicer. Are they making them all with different color awnings?
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I have seen the 06 with a blue awning and have seen one with a maroon awning.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #4
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
We are picking our 2006 up tomorrow. When we did our pre PDI we found that the awning was maroon and white.

Not sure if we have the new graphics are not. Can anyone tell me what the difference is?
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:34 PM   #5
Silverbird
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5622
I "Mrs. Silverbird" have been reading these boards ever since I learned of them and learning alot. We ordered a new Monty last fall and it was delivered to the dealer the end of 2005 (we are from Minnesota). We brought it home in Jan. and put it in storage. We took it out camping for the first time Mem. Day weekend. We had a "few" problems - toilet would not hold water (hubby had dealer send a new seal and replaced it last week). The medicine cabinet door fell off on Memorial Day when I was opening it! Hubby said the installers overtightened and stripped the screws. (Dealer is sending new hinges. The cabinet door over the TV on side towards slide does not stay shut and got caught in the slide - fortunatly it did not break the door, but ruined the hinges (more hinges on the way). This past weekend we had our annual camping outing with our kids and grandkids. We opened the awning for the first time and they were laughing at the color of it. It is blue - looks just awful with the brown/bronze colored graphics. It is the same color awning they were using with the old graphics which were blue and looked very nice. We called the dealer and they said call Keystone. Hubby called and got rather blunt with them about the "ugly" blue awning. They admitted they were using up their inventory from the old graphics. We are waiting for a reply back from them about replacing it with one that coordinates. We also discovered this past weekend that only on it's second use, the sewer hose has sprung a leak!

Silverbird
Silverbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:06 PM   #6
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Silverbird,

The sewer hose was probably a "throw in" by the Dealer and not from Keystone. The dealers usually throw in a pretty low grade hose so you're better off just tossing it and buying a new one immediately. My dealer admitted as much and told me just to take the one out of my old trailer, the trade-in, I had purchased a higher quality, heavier hose.

And you're right, the blue awnings are the old ones, my 2006 has the old graphics and I have a blue awning that goes nice. Good luck on replacing yours.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The over torqued screws on the hinges are fairly common.. we only had one door fall off but several hinge screws were over torqued..There are a couple of different fixes for them on the forum. The toilet not holding water is also a common problem and it is a vendor problem..There is also a free from the vendor fix for that..Do a search. As stated the sewer hose is a cheap dealer throw in..get a good one but even the good ones damage easily.We manage to ruin at least one per season..The awning..we went out a put ours down as we forgot what it looked like (what a chore) Don't know what possessed us to get such a BIGGG camper. We agree that it sort of matches the new graphics..I am color challenged..Helen says that if she allowed me to dress myself I would look like Clarabell the clown.. To me it looks pretty close to the new graphics but Helen says it has varying colors..the front and the drop leaf are close to the new colors but some of the others are sort of burgandy(whatever color that is)or strawberry???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:26 PM   #8
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Rich,

I think the extra space in the camper, the island kitchen, the large closet in the bedroom and the WD closet, and last but not least the white tile siding in the shower made you buy it. I agree that it is a rather big awning to put out. We will check out our colors and the awning when we pick ours up tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:38 PM   #9
Lije Baley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3890
There were three Montanas with the new graphics at Lake Siskiyou. Two had blue awnings, the third had a burgundy one. Maybe black and brown trim on a white awning is too radical a color choice for awning manufacturers, but it would have looked the best. Burgundy was ok. The blue really clashed and it was immediately apparent that Keystone decided inventory consumption outweighed esthetics.

Then again, some owners probably don't care a hoot. It sounds like they could have sold Rich some of that Avocado or Harvest Gold left over from the seventies.
Lije Baley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #10
triplewhipp
Established Member

M.O.C. #5467
We have the new brown graphics on our 2006 3400RL and we have a blue awning. My husband made a comment but I guess I didn't pay attention to how it looked. Will have to check next week.
triplewhipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:19 PM   #11
rlrich
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5319
We have brown graphics on our 06 3650RK with a blue awning. Looks stupid.
rlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:28 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Silverbird

I "Mrs. Silverbird" have been reading these boards ever since I learned of them and learning alot. We ordered a new Monty last fall and it was delivered to the dealer the end of 2005 (we are from Minnesota). We brought it home in Jan. and put it in storage. We took it out camping for the first time Mem. Day weekend. We had a "few" problems - toilet would not hold water (hubby had dealer send a new seal and replaced it last week). The medicine cabinet door fell off on Memorial Day when I was opening it! Hubby said the installers overtightened and stripped the screws. (Dealer is sending new hinges. The cabinet door over the TV on side towards slide does not stay shut and got caught in the slide - fortunatly it did not break the door, but ruined the hinges (more hinges on the way). This past weekend we had our annual camping outing with our kids and grandkids. We opened the awning for the first time and they were laughing at the color of it. It is blue - looks just awful with the brown/bronze colored graphics. It is the same color awning they were using with the old graphics which were blue and looked very nice. We called the dealer and they said call Keystone. Hubby called and got rather blunt with them about the "ugly" blue awning. They admitted they were using up their inventory from the old graphics. We are waiting for a reply back from them about replacing it with one that coordinates. We also discovered this past weekend that only on it's second use, the sewer hose has sprung a leak!

Silverbird
Silverbird, the sewer hose maybe came in contact with something in the storage locker? Some in the past had bare screws in there. Also, we used to have problems with hoses getting pinhole leaks along the ribs. We finally noticed how much the hose shimmies when a big load of water goes through it, like when dumping or running the washer. The hose was rubbing against concrete, rocks, etc. So now I always make sure the hose is not in contact with the ground unless it's a soft grass. I don't know if this will help but a hose should last a lot longer than that. Oh, yeah, if they freeze with liquid in them they tend to fall apart.

Also, the old graphics are the color of those in my signature picture. The new graphics are more brown.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:57 PM   #13
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Our 2006 still had the old graphics with the blue awning.
I guess we were just lucky

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:27 AM   #14
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
The first time we put our awning out on the 06 Mountaineer we, too, were shocked at the "burgundy" color. Doesn't match one thing
in the camper. Maybe as it fades the outside color in the swooshes will become more burgundy but for now-yick.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:28 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is a advantage to being color challenged like I am...everything matches...
Old 06-10-2006, 03:39 AM   #16
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I will check for this color mis-match on our PDI. However, I would believe that by now they are "matching" the colors. Ours is scheduled to go in the plant doors (the frame, anyway) on July 10th.

Anyone here have a new late model 2006 or "2007" model with matching awnings?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:13 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well yes ours does..I think..It is not blue and Helen Says it goes with the camper colors..
Old 06-10-2006, 09:37 AM   #18
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Helen would know... I'm like you Rich. If I had to make up a dictionary, it would not have the words "gaudy" and "mis-matched colors" in it. Not my job... Cheryl says that's pretty obvious...
Old 06-10-2006, 03:51 PM   #19
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Our awning matches some of the colors in our decals. I think the burgundy goes better with our decals than a blue awning would. Our graphics really don't have blue in them.

It is nice to be able to type about the Monty that is parked outside of the house. Now I just need to be able to use it

It looks like the first tropical depression is brewing in the gulf so hubby may be hooking her up soon.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #20
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Saw the TD today on the news - Even though I'm up here in N. MI, I really hope your husband is not that busy with hurricanes this year. This is for selfish reasons... I REALLY don't want fuel prices to take another huge jump from where they are now...

*On Edit~ Can you say "$4 per gallon???"