Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles or RV related items Wanted
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2019, 08:17 AM   #1
bshgto
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16013
water pump

looking for a Shurflo 2005 year 5900-0211 extreme series 5.7 water pump. The micro switch went out after being moved to the new campers I have have bought in the last 15 years. I`ve tried the new ones and they just don`t compare to the pressure and water flow at any volume. They don`t sell the micro switch for this model any more. If you have one to get rid of or have parts Let me know. I need to start including pictures on my posts for some people. So here it is,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0082.jpg (185.8 KB, 0 views)
2018 F350 Ford 6.7 Dually 4:10`s w/bags Top Dog (payload 5595 lbs)
Andersen Ultimate TrailAir Pin Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 08:48 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
When doing searches for this pump, I think it is a dinosaur in the water pump world. There were also quite a few old discussions about early failures with these pumps. I did find a high volume pump that might be an acceptable replacement for the Shurflo: https://www.campingworld.com/aquajet...ps-accessories
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:40 AM   #3
bshgto
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #16013
hit the nail

Yes this model did have issues with the bracket that held the micro switch busting lose under the high pressure and mine finally gave up. I tried Super Glue but it wouldn`t hold it together under pressure.
I bought the pump you recommended off Amazon 2 weeks ago and tried it last week end on a short trip to Va. The pressure at full flow is like home as the other pump was but when at low flow like brushing your teeth it pulsates like a cheap pump as it is not a true variable speed like the Flowjet. And it sounds like a jet engine on start up till it builds pressure for the for full flow. This is a wife complaint when she`s trying to take a nap as the pump is right under her head in the basement in the 3791RD. I will use this pump for now until I find a old broken pump for parts. Thanks for trying to help Rod.

To lend credibility to the post I have included a picture of the REMCO pump I bought before I installed it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0087.jpg (276.4 KB, 0 views)
2018 F350 Ford 6.7 Dually 4:10`s w/bags Top Dog (payload 5595 lbs)
Andersen Ultimate TrailAir Pin Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM   #4
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
You might get one of those pressure tank things(?) that attach to the pump. It evens out the pressure drop, I guess and allows the pump to run less often. Sounds like a good idea to me, but I have never tried it.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote