Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2019, 06:37 PM   #1
Cyride
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22980
Carry bicycles inside a 381th

I would be interested in suggestions about carrying bicycles inside the Montana 381th when the garage is full with a motorcycle and kayak. Has anyone loaded their bicycles inside the RV and if so do you have a proven method of doing so?

Thanks,

Jon
Old 12-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #2
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyride View Post
I would be interested in suggestions about carrying bicycles inside the Montana 381th when the garage is full with a motorcycle and kayak. Has anyone loaded their bicycles inside the RV and if so do you have a proven method of doing so?

Thanks,

Jon
We carried our bikes on trucks rear bumper UNDER the hitch. No worries plenty of clearance, particularly if you use a drop down hitch.

I have friends who put their bikes inside using a double wheel chock to hold front wheels on a non Montana. I bet you could fit them between the two couches on the 381TH.

You might also consider lifting up the kayaks under the bed which might give you enough room in the garage? Or carry the kayak on a rack on top of truck? You could even add a reciver on back of camper and carry bikes on back, although you would have to take them off to lower the ramp.

There are a lot of options for sure.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:30 PM   #3
Cyride
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22980
Thanks for the reply. I want to keep the bikes out of the weather so inside the RV is probably the best solution. I could probably put one on the rear bed and the other in the couch area. Kind of interested if anyone has used a bike rack in the kitchen area successfully without causing damage to the bikes or RV like your friends have done? My wifes bike is a Trek E-bike so it is a little on the heavy side.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:23 AM   #4
packnrat
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21805
yes if i went someplace with the rv the bikes were locked up inside. and they were just rolled in the door, secured in place. no theft or loss problems.
if left outside. they had heavy chains through the frames. but not outside over night.

but then these were not "blue-light-special", type of bikes.
couple in the group dropped over two grand (USD) on the bike's. easy to do using high quality products.
packnrat is offline   Reply With Quote