Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2005, 03:58 AM   #1
Montana_3041

M.O.C. #3041
Overnighting parts

Greetings from the Space Coast of Florida!

Wonder if anyone knows the Keystone policy on overnighting parts? I brought my RV in for warrenty work and they had to order two parts. Suncoast RV in Cocoa said Keystone never overnights parts. The first part came in after two weeks, after five weeks I'm still waiting on the second part. Major pain for a full-timeer! Is it possible that one industry in the modern world doesn't have that as a standard service?

Thanks!
brian

Montana_3041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 04:21 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
First of all BrianFlorida Welcome to the MOC Family from the Gulf Coast of Sunny Florida.

I find that very hard to believe as I know of other instances where Montana has sent out parts overnight.
Due to a problem I had with Suncoast RV's Pinellas Park location I myself would not trust them. I would suggest that you call Montana at (574) 535-2100 and ask for Customer Service. Since it is warranty work they should be able to check any work being done on your rig thru their computer. Have your VIN# ready when you call.

Good Luck
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:20 AM   #3
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
I seem to recall either Jeff Rank or Coleman Davis telling us at the Tampa show that Keystone has a "just in time assembly line process" whereby parts are ordered just before they're needed when building the Montanas. As such, wouldn't that mean that when dealers order parts from Keystone, that Keystone then has to order the parts as well? I would think it would be cost prohibitive for Keystone to have a large supply of all parts at all times. That being said, I imagine that, as with all things, there are exceptions ...
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:37 PM   #4
Montana_3041

M.O.C. #3041
I called them up and found them very helpful. My parts didn't get ordered for over a week, one part was wrong and had to be reordered, now into week five waiting. Also verified with them that they will overnight parts. Considering other work that Bill at Suncoast supervised, I'd have to call him an incompetent liar. Sigh... I can hardly wait until this is over and I can unpack, get some food in the fridge, etc. Thanks! brian
Montana_3041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 02:04 PM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Not surprised by anything that particular dealer does.

I'm just glad that you found it to be the dealers screw up and not Keystone or Montana.

This could be part of Keystone's reasoning for givng LazyDays the new Cambridge line and not SunCoast.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 03:32 PM   #6
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Glad to hear things are getting resolved. I was surprised when last fall, I had an issue with my new Chevy truck. The second time the dealer had to repair the same item (wrong fix the first time), the parts took a week to get there. I asked about overnight shipping and the dealer said "Chevy doesn't overnight parts". So, the expectation is different for them than when I owe them parts as a supplier. Then we need to use airplanes. Guess it all depends on whose ox is being gored.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 02:48 AM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
BrianFlorida,

You might want to consider that if the parts you need are large, it is gonna cost YOU a ton of $$. I don't remember the details, but someone mentioned a large part (like a shower door, or something) that they paid overnight fees for, the fee was breathtakingly HIGH! It was not the just the weight of the item, but the weight of the shipping materials that cost so much.

It sounds like you are a fulltimer but that you are not living in the unit?? Now, that would be a real difficult situation, hope you get it all figured out real soon!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 03:18 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Brian, I see your posts were quite awhile back. Did this ever get resolved to your satisfaction?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 04:33 AM   #9
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
I'm waiting on a new cabinette door...I was told at least two weeks....we'll see.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 05:18 PM   #10
paulrem
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #299
While traveling last summer we got a hole in our front grey water tank and took it to a dealer in Beckley, W.Va. They told me that it would take two or three weeks to get a new tank. I asked them about overnight and they said that if I was willing to pay for it they could do it(insurance deal). I called my local agent back home and he told me that they would pay the cost. So they ordered it. Next day it did not come in and that is when I called Keystone and talked with them. They looked it up and found that it had been ordered but the factory people let the ball slip. The Lady that I talked with said that it would be shipped asap. It was there the next day. I asked The lasy at Keystone if they would pay for our motel and she told me to fax a copy of the bill and that she would send us a check. Sure enough it was in the mail when we got home. Now that is what I call service. Shipping was not as bad as I thought, but don't remember how much.

Paul
paulrem is offline   Reply With Quote