Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2004, 07:00 AM   #1
Go Pokes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1645
No more leaking shower in 3400.

We fixed our leaking shower in the 3400 for less than $3.00. The shower leaked because the floor was flexible and the drain pipe was rigid. We simply remove the drain pipe; cut out a few inches and replaced the section with flexible rubber hose. Then we return the drain pipe and resealed the drain. We did not use the shower for 24 hours and has not leaked since.

When we were talking with Keystone about another problem, they ask it we had had any other problems. We said the shower leaked but we fixed it for less than 3.00. They were really interested in our fix and said they left dealers know about it.

Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 02:06 AM   #2
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
That's a great idea! I have to reseal my drain so when I take it all apart I'll do that also.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 05:02 AM   #3
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Go Pokes
... We simply remove the drain pipe; cut out a few inches and replaced the section with flexible rubber hose. Then we return the drain pipe and resealed the drain. ...
Did you do all this without dropping the gray tank? Also how do you remove the drain from the shower? Does it unscrew or pop up from the top? Or do you have to access the bottom of the show to remove some hardware first?

Yhanks,
Craig
DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 12:40 PM   #4
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
Fortunately my shower is over the storage compartment so access is not an issue. I am unsure about access with models that don't have the shower up front.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 06:09 PM   #5
Go Pokes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1645
DrivesBGM,

In the the 3400 model you have access to the shower drain from the basement. You can remove the drain by unscrewing the nut holding the drain in the basement. After removing the p-trap, you can lift the drain out through the shower. We cut out a 3-inch section of the pipe which goes from the p-trap to the wall in the basement and replaced it with 4 inches of hose which was purchased at ACE Hardware. We recaulked the drain and reassembled drain pipe. Since repairing the drain we have taken a two week trip to Disneyland and our shower has not leaked.
Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 09:06 PM   #6
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the post. Sounds like a good idea. Happy rving....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:06 AM   #7
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Go Pokes
DrivesBGM,

In the 3400 model you have access to the shower drain from the basement. ...
With my 3655FL, there is no access to the shower drain. Guess I'd have to drop some bottom panels to gain access if I start to see water under my Montana's bathroom area.

But your reply is helpful as I will not try to pry the drain upward without accessing and removing the hardware below.

Craig
DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote