Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2008, 08:30 AM   #1
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
migraines

To all of those of you out there who suffer from migraines, you have my sympathies. I do not have them except for stroking, however, I have a story to share, a hospital experience.
On Saturday morning, before I had been given anything for the migraine, and at 5:30 a.m., I was dozing with my washcloth over my eyes, in case any light leaked through from the hall or the bathroom. A young girl from the lab popped open my door (letting the hall lights in) and whipped my overhead on to take blood. As I was groaning as loudly as I could without making my head hurt any more than it already did, she looked at me and said was I not supposed to do that. I would have gladly throttled her if it had not hurt so much to move or yell. When I explained that I had a migraine headache, her only response was that she needed the light to see and that it wouldn't take her long (famous last words with my veins). Obviously she has never had a migraine.

labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
I understand needing the light, then get a headlamp and wear one. Geez. I fully understand - I suffer from migraines on a regular basis. Fortunately light doesn't really bother me as I lose my vision and can't see...
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Call me stupid, but, didn't your chart say you were suffering from a migrane?? DUHHH??????

Geeshhhh
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
....arghhhhhhhh.... the "M" word.

I too am a "M" sufferer. Not sure how you could have handled it differently since you were in the middle of a "M". Unless you could have "growled" at her and chased her away.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
You were not supposed to do WHAT? Groan? Put the wash cloth over your eyes?

Didn't they ever hear from the doctors that if it feels good, you can do it???

Edited: Welcome back to the world.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
I too suffer from migraines.

Or should I say I used to.

Maxalt was my drug....An RX had nine tabs in it and I would use all nine in less then 2 months.

Although my migraines did not get as sever has many others experience...but that little beast would take over and could control my day until the meds kicked in....

I used to feel like a Maxalt junkie, I could not go ANYwhere unless if I had my MAxalt with me. Some in my purse, a few stored at work. I even had one packet din my car....I did not ever want to be caught with a migraine and not have the magic pill to take it away.

This went on for over 10 years.....

Then I discovered accupunture! OMG! did it change things for me.

After I went the first time...a 800 mg of Mortin would get rid of my headach.....this was not the case before.

The accupunturist I have seen just wants me to go in a seris of 3 appointments all being two weeks apart....that's it and I'm good for a year plus.

Naturally he says come back anytime I have a headach...

But because this works so well for me, I only see him once a year ( well the three appointments)

I have been doing this for only three years now, but you know what....no more headachs.

My suggesstion....if you are a Migraine Sufferer

Try accupunture.

Labmom- I am so glad you are better now and I hope you the best.

And go ahead and groan anytime you want....You have rights! (and groaning in pain is one of them)
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote