Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Betsy (update 9/01 pm)

Betsy is back in the Hospital, she had a TIA (mini stroke) this afternoon. She was not feeling well this morning or for the last three days. She was fine when we walked into the hospital and during check-in for the ER. About 20 minutes after she got into the ER she asked me why we were there, this happened many times during the next several hours. I knew there was a problem then and called the Dr in. They got an IV started and a CT done. Over the next few hours she lost about 2 years of short term and long term memory. At one point she lost the use of her left leg and started to freak out. Over the next few hours she got better and most of her memory came back. The only part she still has problems with is the first hour or so in the hospital. She will be staying at Eagle River Memorial Hospital at least till tomorrow and maybe over the weekend. We have no idea why this happened now but it is great that it happened now and not during her now canceled shoulder surgery. I will let you know how things are going as they progress. I am not sure about making it to the rally, we will have to wait and see. I know she was looking forward to doing the Meet and Greet and helping with the registration. I hope to have more information by mid week... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Oh, gosh guys,

We will be sending forth positive thoughts and prayers.

Tell her to do what the dr says! And you try to chill a bit too, if you can.

It sounds to me that you were very lucky to be where you were when you were. WOW.

Boy, I wish we had a praying hands happy face to use here. I would attach. how bout this little guy with his eyes shut, as if in prayer.

Best wishes.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #3
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
George and I are sending our prayers your way.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Thanks one and all... Dave
Old 08-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
We are sending hopes of a speedy recovery.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #6
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Dave, Please know that you and Betsy are in our prayers. Please let her know we send our love too.
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #7
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Dave,

I am so sorry to hear Betsy has had a stroke. That is so scary. Please let her know we are all wishing her the best and know she will be OK soon.

My brother has had some of these things. It is amazing how much more they can do for stroke situations now a days. He has recovered almost 100% since he had his first stroke. He had lost the usage of his left side and most of his speech. Within hours the medicine they gave him had started to reverse the effects of the stroke. For several months he could not remember many words and it was very difficult to talk with him. Gradually he got back 99.9% of his speech processing.

We are so happy it was no worse than it was. Since then he has had hundreds of very small "incidents". None of them have had any permanent effects.

Anyway the very best to Betsy and her quick recovery.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Dave, So sorry to hear of Betsy's problems. I wish her a speedy and complete recovery and you take care also.

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #9
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Dave and Betsy, Our prayers are with you.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
We send you our prayers for a speedy recovery.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #11
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Sending postive thoughts and prayers! Tell Betsy we all are thinking of her.
You get some rest too.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:38 PM   #12
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
You both are in our thoughts and prayers.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #13
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
So sorry to hear about Besty Dave. I know she's a fighter and all will be well soon.
She's in our thoughts and prayers.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:13 AM   #14
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
I had a small one of those and hope that was the last one. That was in Feb of 05. I now take Plavix and baby aspirin everyday. EVERYTHING WILL BE ALL RIGHT. Good luck.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:11 AM   #15
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dave & Betsy,
My prayers are with you and especially Betsy for a speedy recovery.

God bless.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #16
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Thank you everyone for your support. Here is an update, she got through the night ok but still has a skull cracking headache, BP is down to where it should be but still has that killer migraine. Sensitive to light and sound, has to have room dark, gets dizzy with more than 60 foot walk. They are going to try some Maxalt tonight and see if that takes out the headache. Maxalt is a pretty potent migraine medication so they are starting with very low dose and monitoring BP every 15 minutes. She will be in until at least tomorrow afternoon, I would like to have her home but would rather she stay in till our Neurologist gets back. I would hate to have another problem at home and have to do an ambulance run. The timing couldn't suck any worse, Friday on Labor Day weekend. None of the professionals in town and the low man in the pecking order on call for the weekend. Oh! By the way, when I got to the hospital today I got a call from the Realtor that someone wanted to see the house today. She couldn't get ahold of me right away so she gave the go ahead. Needless to say I ripped her a new one, and going in to talk to her boss on Monday. It is not like I had a lot of time or inclination to clean house today and the place is a mess. Clean laundry on the unmade bed, dishes in the sink, hoses in the yard and the staff was told this morning about Betsy. Oh well, I didn't find any business cards on the counter so maybe they didn't like it. Too bad, so sad, bye bye! I will make updates as I get them. Thanks again... Dave
Old 08-30-2008, 03:03 PM   #17
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Don't worry bout the house, worry bout Betsy. As you are! Thanks for the update. We are all out here with positive vibes.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:51 PM   #18
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Thoughts and Prayers are with you both.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:42 PM   #19
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Dave, we will be looking for the updates.
The both of you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Ray and Janet
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #20
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
It is tough to watch as people we love go through difficulties. We will pray for continued improvement. Hoping Betsy returns to full activity and memory functioning soon.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote