Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2010, 04:19 AM   #1
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Sewer Hose Storage

We have a 6" tube under the rig for 30' of sewer hose.
But some places, you need 40'
We carry a extra 20' section, you can never make them squeeze together, to make them easier to store.
Well the other day I got a idea!!!
Took a piece of rope and passed it through the hose, took a 36" bungee cord and clipped it on the coupling at the end of the hose and pulled the other end through with rope.
Keep pushing the hose together and when the bungee comes through, just click it on the other coupling.
Now you can easily store the 36" long unit.
Works good.
E. Sven

carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:36 AM   #2
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
I carry a 20' & two 10's in front of my gas tank compartments. Lot's of unused space up there. Just make sure they are secure there so they don't fall out the bottom. I carry another 10' in the rear sewer hose compartment. Now I have 50' of sewer hose....yes, I have had to use 40' at one time.

Works for me

Roy
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
blarkman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1977
I took a heavy wire put a hook on each end,bent it in a narrow v slid it through the hose, cut a slot in the end of a 5" can,slipped the can over the other end and where the point of the v comes through the can put a pin to hold it, makes a short simple hose holder.
blarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:54 AM   #4
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
Roy,
Great idea for where to store the hose, in the propane tank compartment.
Someone on a previous post said that they stored their water hoses in there also.
E. Sven
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
ONERUNNING
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10448
I don't know too much about sewer hose storage, since I've been getting along with a 15' with the sewer boom that came on the new 3400RL. But, I know I don't like that Rotating Sewer Boom, as they call it. To me it seems to complicate things, plus it doesn't seem to drain completely. There is a slight bow towards the bottom, that you have to push up with your hand to get everything out of the hose. Maybe, I'm doing something wrong or maybe need some type of upgrade. Seems that I saw something a while back on the Boom, but now that the search function is down, I can't find it. Any advice on this Rotationg Boom would be appreciated.
Joe
ONERUNNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Carlson, any pictures of your setup with the bungee cords? Sounds like a great idea.

In my case, however, our 3400 came with a compartment in the back, rather than a tube. I can squeeze a couple of good length sewer hoses in there. I carry 2 or 3 different lengths and a couple of each. And I got another of those doors/frames, cut a hole in the other side and installed the door. Now I have identical sewer hose compartments on both sides.

Also, my sewer hoses have fittings on each end so I can quickly connect two of them together. that means the sewer end has to be the clip on kind so it can easily be moved from one hose to another.

Your idea sure sounds like a good one, Carlson. It might even work for me to put more hoses in my compartments. Thanks.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:19 AM   #7
bobsals
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10232
The not so pleasant smelling hose in a storage compartment did not work well. I went to Lowes and bought a section of 4" square vinyl post cover that worked perfectly. Had to go to Home Depot to get the post cover for it, cut a 2" hole in each end cover. Glued a bug screen in each end. Then secured the sleve under the unit. I used existing holes that the factory drilled to retain the belly cover to hold the unit. Also, I had room for it because I relocated the spare tire to the rear bumper. Fits a sewer hose perfectly and is out of the way.
[img][/img]
bobsals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #8
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
I store a sewer hose in the rear compartment and another hose in a 6 inch round, 8 foot long piece of PVC pipe mounted under the rear in front of the stabilizers. There are times that more than one hose is needed like at the Fall Rally. My water hoses go in the propane compartments.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:39 AM   #9
bobsals
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10232
Just figured out how to post a pic of the sewer hose carrier.

[img][/img]
bobsals is offline   Reply With Quote