Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2004, 04:26 PM   #1
BusyBees
Established Member

M.O.C. #1192
Cable wiring in a Mountaineer

Having completed our first shakedown cruise I'm planning to set up a Bell Expressvu dish on a tripod. I assume all I can do for now is run the cable thru a window to the TV but I am puzzled by the setup in my Mountaineer.

In the space above my tv there is a cable coming thru the shelf to the antenna connection box but there is also a 2nd cable. This one is 6" long and loops from one connector to another just below it. I have no idea what this 2nd cable is for.

Between these 2 cables is a box with a hole labelled satellite prep. I thought sat prep only showed up in the Montanas so I don't know is this box is of any use.

Does anyone in this forum know what the 2nd, small loop cable is for, and, if the sat prep connector can be used to hook up my portable dish?

I would try Keystone except my experience talking with them about my non-existent bedroom speaker switch leads me to believe I'll get a good answer here.

2004 Mountaineer 328 RLS

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD
EC SB D/A 16K Husky slider hitch; Prodigy Brake Ctrlr.

BusyBees is offline   Reply With Quote