Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2023, 05:49 AM   #1
marcrusso

M.O.C. #33107
2008 Montana -- Slide Issue

Just purchased a 2008 Montana 3000RL with two slides. It has one button that controls both slides. When I extend (or retract) the bedroom slides out first, then the living room. The living room slide always stops just before full extension. I wait about 10 seconds then press the button again and it finishes extending. Same thing happens when retracting.

When we first looked at it it did this, but usually 2-3 times while extending or retracting. It was low on fluid and after topping off to about 1/2" from top (slides all the way in) it was much better and faster. Seller spoke with local RV shop in town and the service tech advised that low battery voltage may cause this as well. Batteries seem ok though. This only happens to the living room slide. I got underneath and slides seem ok, meaning lubricated and teeth align with gear wheels.

Any thoughts on what it may be?

Marc