Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
dudleydo

M.O.C. #9608
Deck Plans

I'm looking for a plan for a sectional deck to put under our screen house. I want the final dimensions to be 16' x 16' with it made up of 4 X 4' sections which hopefully will interlock for stability.

Anyone have anything?

dudleydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
ray fischer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3760
At our seasonal site, we all make decks in 8x8 sections, then bolt them or lag screw them together for easy removal or moving. We level the low decks with patio stones and misc. wood blocks. Door level decks with steps we use concrete blocks or 4x4 posts. I have an 8x24 in 3 sections next to trailer and a 12x12 attached for my 12x12 casita screenroom. We can go right from under the trailer awning into the screen room.
ray fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:57 AM   #3
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
If you google "modular decking", you'll come up with a bunch..but probably not what you are looking for, as they are (most) expensive systems that you buy. I built one for a guy some time ago...heavy tho', as it used 2x6's instead of 5/4 board for decking. This was necessary, as the running edge where two sections connected were 2x10's...half overhanging the one permanently fastened, then it overlapped the other section (which was short by about 4-1/2") then lag screws were run down into that next section (predrilled countersink). Not sure if this is clear or not, but it worked well for him...it pulled it up once a year, two guys could handle each section without any problems.
Personally, I'm designing a "boardwalk" system right now for our Monty, using composite decking and it will literally roll up. I want this instead of one of those patio mats. Of course, I'll be at the mercy of the ground contour.
Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote