Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2017, 03:31 PM   #21
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Here are a few of my favorite things:

The bars are for keeping stuff in the fridge from falling out, but they work really well in the medicine cabinet as well. I have opened a couple of them up really long and hang them over top of the shower for things to dry.

IKEA sells these wonderful items to maximize shelf space in a cabinet.

IKEA also sells magnets for knives.

Plastic bins keep our stuff together. An IKEA shelf protects the DVD player from stuff falling on it and gives us space to store stuff over it.

I have two more which I will put in a separate post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1506.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	477   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1507.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	478   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1508.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	479   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1509.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	480  

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #22
Loneoak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19514
Two more things I like: A little white table which works as a coffee table inside or outside, and I use it next to the BBQ to hold stuff. Last but not least, the obligatory ice maker. This one works on propane as well as electricity.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1538.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	481   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1510.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	482  

2017 High Country 305RL
2015 Ford F-250 Super Duty
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #23
Todd R

M.O.C. #20333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrmn&bankgal View Post
Hi! As my better half puts it I am the "inside person". Can anyone share what they feel are "must haves" for the inside of the trailer. Gadgets, and such?

Spare bulbs and fuses for the interior lights. Also a box fan. plenty of DVDs for the rainy days when the Satellite doesn't work.
Todd R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:07 AM   #24
Army Nurse
Established Member

M.O.C. #17456
Quote:
Originally Posted by K0LCB View Post
I couldn't get along without my wife!
And that, my friends, is how a brilliant man wins the Internet.

2014 Ram 3500 - DRW - 4x4 - 6.7L - 68RFE - B&W Companion
2015 Montana High Country 340BH
Army Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:36 AM   #25
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIEHLS View Post
I'm hip on the need for home protection but have any of you been in a situation where you're glad you had it with you? if so, what were the conditions? meth heads; bad part of town?
Never had to fire it but yes I needed my 45 to be seen by trespassers at our off grid property in Washington. We have no help up there, no phones no neighbors. Just me and the wife (she likes to carry a 38) The one time I had a squatter on my land with a 12' POS trailer and he tried to tell me he bought his little piece of land. Well it took 2 days to get a sheriff, a border patrol agent and a state cop. (Seems they do not respond that far off grid alone) only to be told it was a cival matter. So the next day me and my .45 went and had a NICE talk with this "new land owner", he left the next day. So if you camp in a town with police and phone service you don't need a gun. But like the border patrol officer told my wife when he saw my wifes 38 on her belt, He said thats what I like to see people that know how to take care of them selves when needed.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:17 AM   #26
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
One other thing we learned when we bought our Montana It had so many cupboards and storage places, much more then our other brand 5vers. The inside is my wifes area "Her Choice" so she loaded them up. After explaning the dangers of over loading, and that just becuase we have more space we really didn't need to fill them. We carry so much stuff for when the grand kids are with us. However with school and sports they are with us maybe 3 times a year. So why carry it every trip? It just seems human nature to pack everything you can fit. I think with all the advice you got here, you should take the time to go through what you have in your coach and think Do I really need this? I've done it myself so much, it's human nature to want to bring everything you can fit.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:10 PM   #27
Wrmn&bankgal
Established Member

M.O.C. #20242
How about a telescope? Anyone?!
Cassy

Darryll & Cassy
2009 Montana 2980RL
2008 F350 King Ranch Dually.
Wrmn&bankgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:46 AM   #28
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Not smart enough to operate a telescope unless it's the paper towel roll
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:47 AM   #29
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Did see good meteor shower last weekend
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:09 AM   #30
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
This thread is getting a little off track, but all good info. A few years ago, a couple was spending the night in a rest area when an escaped prisoner broke in, killed both of them, burned the RV and took their truck. I always have protection in the RV.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:17 AM   #31
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz View Post
This thread is getting a little off track, but all good info. A few years ago, a couple was spending the night in a rest area when an escaped prisoner broke in, killed both of them, burned the RV and took their truck. I always have protection in the RV.
YEP! Thats why we never travel in our RV without a gun. It's no different then having a gun at home. If your a gun owner and have one at home for protection, then you will have it in your RV. One of the first things my wife will ask before leaving is "DID YOU PACK THE GUNS" If your not a gun owner at home chances are your not going to go buy one now for the RV. Some of us feel the need for a gun and if you camp somewhere where you have no phone reception, or no nieghbors camping near by, Well I wish you luck when a bad person comes visting.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #32
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
I've been biting my tongue ever since this thread started but I have to put in my two cents as I'm sensing a lot of paranoid people out there that just have to be toting guns.

I have rifles and shotguns and even a pistol at home. I use the rifles and shotguns to go hunting and the pistol is for the shooting range. I do not have them for " Home Protection" They are locked up in a vault without ammo in them. The ammo is locked up in a different location.

I have never felt the need to be carrying guns to protect myself in my RV whether I am in Canada or the USA.

It seems to me that all the gun totters are protecting themselves from other gun totters like themselves. Scary isn't it???????

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #33
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I had hoped this thread would not turn ugly. But your comments about those who carry guns being paranoid, and them protecting themselves from each other, and being scary is uncalled for. Maybe where you live, work, and play it is no concern. In some areas home breakins, robberies, assaults, and murders are all too common. Please respect the right of others to chose what they feel is right for them rather than condemn them for not feeling as you do.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:21 PM   #34
Lenny K
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
If your not a gun owner at home chances are your not going to go buy one now for the RV. Some of us feel the need for a gun and if you camp somewhere where you have no phone reception, or no nieghbors camping near by, Well I wish you luck when a bad person comes visting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Please respect the right of others to chose what they feel is right for them rather than condemn them for not feeling as you do.
You're right BB_TX. Everyone has a right to their opinion including me without being condemned.

Lenny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:45 PM   #35
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
YEP! Thats why we never travel in our RV without a gun. It's no different then having a gun at home. If your a gun owner and have one at home for protection, then you will have it in your RV. One of the first things my wife will ask before leaving is "DID YOU PACK THE GUNS" If your not a gun owner at home chances are your not going to go buy one now for the RV. Some of us feel the need for a gun and if you camp somewhere where you have no phone reception, or no nieghbors camping near by, Well I wish you luck when a bad person comes visting.
If this is what you mean by being "Condemned For your opinion" Your way off base. I don't ever think bad of anyone that does not choose a firearm for home protection. Nor do I want to be Condemned for carrying a firearm for protection in the Home, RV or even driving my grand kids to a sports function, as long as I don't break the law. If you choose to carry or not it does not matter to me. I just want all of us to be safe and enjoy the years ahead of us.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:50 PM   #36
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I choose to carry and was 90% sure I was going to need it, not the in a crime ridden part of a big city but in the wilds just west of Yellowstone park. I like to stay in places there is no radio let alone cell service where brown bears are much more threat than people.
Will I ever need a firearm for protection, probably not but if you have ever been trout fishing and run up a pile of steaming bear dropping in 10 foot tall willow brush you might wish you had some protection.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #37
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
I choose to carry and was 90% sure I was going to need it, not the in a crime ridden part of a big city but in the wilds just west of Yellowstone park. I like to stay in places there is no radio let alone cell service where brown bears are much more threat than people.
Will I ever need a firearm for protection, probably not but if you have ever been trout fishing and run up a pile of steaming bear dropping in 10 foot tall willow brush you might wish you had some protection.
Lynwood
I didn't want to bring that up, I was afraid someone would be to offended, if I even thought about, using it on a dangerous animal. Heaven for bid using a gun to shoot a poor bear, that just wants to eat you for dinner. I can hear it all ready. Where do you draw the line? Me I'm with you, if an animal or a human is a threat to me or my family, That's the LINE. And no us gun packers are not going to be shooting each other, for the simple reason that were the good guy's. We don't want to hurt anyone or a bear. But people need to relize that sometimes you don't have a choice.