Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #1
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Tireco

I am in the process of attempting to get reimbursement from Tireco for replacement costs on the Mission tires. Seems I recalled several people mentioning dealing with Victoria. Well, I sent an email yesterday to Claims@Tireco.com , and received an email back from Victoria to call her to discuss the matter. Called this morning; Victoria is no longer employed at Tireco. Spoke with Terri Lancaster. Emailed pictures and invoice for 5 new tires. I'll update as soon as I know something.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Sue just got me the paperwork, our claim is 5 month's old now.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:48 PM   #3
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Maybe Victory is now working at the secert place,,, the bra house instead of tires ,, just a thought ,,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #4
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Ozz I know mine took all of 5 months as we started in jan and got our check in the end of may , i don't have my receipts with me here but i belive thats true ,,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:45 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I filed my claim in July. Called last week to check on it and it is "still being processed". But others here have eventually received their refund so I am still hoping.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:43 AM   #6
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
What about damages? Anyone had a successful claim there? I checked this morning; labor $99 per hour (minimum 4 hours). Parts will be about $20 (decal) if they can buff the black off the fender. I was told those plastic fenders have to be measured and then ordered. Up to 400 bucks each, plus shipping (wow!). Tireco wants three estimates. It ain't gonna happen. I could spend more than it's worth dragging the RV around trying to get three estimates. I had to get an estimate on the TT once up in Arkansas; $100 for an on site estimate. There are only two RV dealers here in Rockport. I've got a gut feeling they are gonna be hard to deal with. I will forgo the damage if they will just reimburse for the tires.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:27 AM   #7
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Well, was I surprised. My son called last night and said UPS had left a tag on the gate to the stick house and would return today to pick up the 5 Mission tires. I just mailed the claim form today. They seem to be in a hurry to get the tires back. Wonder why? Hope they get the check back to me that quick! HA! I'm suspicious of them.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:56 AM   #8
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
We dealt with Terri Lancaster and they were real anxious to get the tires back. I shipped 5 and they say they received 4, finally proved I shipped 5. Took from May 2 until August 15 to get our payment and they they only sent it on 4 tires. Talked to Terri who sait that they would send me another check for $116.00, would process it immediately and have it to me in 3 days, that was in August, still waiting and calling. They are way to slow, but they do eventually pay, almost.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:14 AM   #9
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
UPS picked up all 5 tires yesterday. I just don't know what to think. They sure are in a hurry to get the tires back. Perhaps they don't want any of them being inspected by anyone else? But again, it seems someone on here said they never picked up their tires. Perhaps if you let them replace them there is a difference? I hope the Freestars are better than the Missions, but I'd be leery of them. From the looks of the tread, they are out of the same mold; just labeled differently.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:28 AM   #10
rubble express
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6477
Victoria must have just left Tireco. We filed a claim about a month ago and she is who we dealt with. I sent her pictures and told her that I had already replaced them. (I tried posting the pictures but could not figure out how to resize them. They still may be on the practice forum.) I had UPS pick-up stickers in two days and the tires were gone in three. They certainly are in a hurry to get them back. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for a check from Tireco though. Funny part of this is once the Missions were off the rims they looked fine. No cracks were visable. Unless they remount them it'll be hard to see anything. I wasn't going to take a chance on them anymore. They seemed to be getting visably worse each time I looked at them. As I told Victoria, these tires looked more like they were 10 years old instead of 1 1/2. She also told me that since I replaced them with a different size (85's vs 80's) that Tireco would only reimburse me for 80% of my cost. We'll see...
BTW I went with Cooper SRM's. I was leaning towards Coopers anyway because I have had them before and was very satisfied, and then I saw Rich FAA got them. He seems like a guy who does his homework to me so I feel a little better with my choice. Cost: $155 each mounted,balanced, and installed with high pressure valve stems.
Just got back from a 700 miler and they seem fine. Ran between 140 and 150 degrees, though. That seems a little high I think?
rubble express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:53 AM   #11
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rubble express

Victoria must have just left Tireco. We filed a claim about a month ago and she is who we dealt with. I sent her pictures and told her that I had already replaced them. (I tried posting the pictures but could not figure out how to resize them. They still may be on the practice forum.) I had UPS pick-up stickers in two days and the tires were gone in three. They certainly are in a hurry to get them back. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for a check from Tireco though. Funny part of this is once the Missions were off the rims they looked fine. No cracks were visable. Unless they remount them it'll be hard to see anything. I wasn't going to take a chance on them anymore. They seemed to be getting visably worse each time I looked at them. As I told Victoria, these tires looked more like they were 10 years old instead of 1 1/2. She also told me that since I replaced them with a different size (85's vs 80's) that Tireco would only reimburse me for 80% of my cost. We'll see...
BTW I went with Cooper SRM's. I was leaning towards Coopers anyway because I have had them before and was very satisfied, and then I saw Rich FAA got them. He seems like a guy who does his homework to me so I feel a little better with my choice. Cost: $155 each mounted,balanced, and installed with high pressure valve stems.
Just got back from a 700 miler and they seem fine. Ran between 140 and 150 degrees, though. That seems a little high I think?
They don't have to inspect the Missions; they know they are defective. As to Victoria, I suspect she had left the morning we called them. I had gotten an email from Victoria the evening before telling me to call her. Didn't look like an auto response email either. If they balk on paying the damages without 3 estimates, I intend to merely file with State Farm. They will send an adjuster out. Their pockets are a lot deeper than mine.

I would encourage anyone still running the Missions to get them replaced. Our tires looked good. Something is not right in the manufacture process. I believe if you keep running on them, you are rolling the dice. It will catch up with you sooner or later. JMHO