Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Beautiful mountains all around....

and we are in the mobil home park from hell, interesting, and the fodder of great stories to come, I imagine. All the stereotypes are alive and well here, Sue asked me why they throw tires up on the roof? I replied that IF they ever mow to try and find the car, they won't hit the tires. Mobil-home archeology students should visit, 1950's styles are encapsulated in many different colors of rubber-based paint, quite well preserved, I think.
A family of 4 is living in a trailer the size of my truck, the adults have been scurrying around to the other trailers, probably delivering the hot-off-the-hotplate freshly cooked batch of crack.
I joked with the nice lady that eventually met us at the un-manned office about if I paid cash, could I get a discount.. she hesitated for a split second and said the least she could go was
Got interrupted, someone is going through the trash bag we put out earlier. Anyway, I got $2.00 off the nightly rate. ($28.00)
Keep in mind this is Yellowstone area prices, most are around $60-$70.00 a night. We will be here 2 days, then on to Gardiner.
After we got our instructions at the front office, I was pulling around to the spot we were assigned; ("OH, any of those over there will be OK") I was going around the circle and a toothless guy with a dog excitedly pointed at the front of my truck, I slammed on the brakes, afraid I was running over his lawn mower. He said you are from Missouri! After my heart slowed down, I agreed with him and drove on.
All the mobil-homes are at our rear window, interesting...

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz, that is called "Seeing America"
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #3
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi Ozz

Last summer we stayed at a place just south of West Yellowstone. That one was old but well maintained and had few log term residents. The cost was about $30 a night.

Enjoy Yellowstone. My wife’s only complaint was we saw more wild life in West Yellowstone the night before than we did in the park. LOL

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
We were once in a similar situation. An older customized van towing a Uhaul trailer parked beside us. 12 southern immagrants (legal or illegal?). Woman changed baby's diaper and dropped it on the ground under the picnic table where they took their meals. Maybe it kept the flys from there food? Only in America!
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #5
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Ozz,
If I were you, I'd lock everything up tight tonight and stand watches all night.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I told Sue she had to sit in the lawn chair with the Mossberg. She said I don't think so..
A group was standing in full leathers by their bikes this morning passing the pipe around, don't know if it was crack or M.J., but after a half-hr or so they left, headed to Sturgis I presume. It has been real quiet today, we went shopping and out to lunch, everything was still here when we got back.
I will PM you sometime about someone taking over the business, we talked about that one time. Actually, I will call you in a week or so and we can chat about it.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #7
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ozz you gettin old bro the tires are to keep the wind from rattlin the roof and they ain't cooking crack its most likely METH!!!! last yr in tn we notised two guys with tn tags about 35 came in with a old terry tt pulling with a 1500 chevy truck that looked like it was on it last leg never set the tt up just hooked up elect didn't see them come out but a couple of times stayed for two days and the management asked them to leave. YOU KNOW one of those can blow up. don't know just sayin. LOL.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
OZZ, Is that cage for the possums??????
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:21 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

OZZ, Is that cage for the possums??????
Prairie Dogs. Yummy with some Basil, we like to Pressure cook them. Tender and succulant...
Old 08-04-2011, 03:23 AM   #10
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Ozz, this may be a dumb question, but WHY STAY THERE??? Cheap is a good reason, but if there is any peace of mind to be had, I will pay extra for it!
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:54 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Actually, it is entertaining. I had rental and investment property in the Ghetto for 7 years, so I am good with this place for 2 days. We head for Yellowstone this morning.
One of the residents got hauled off in cuffs last night by the Sheriff, a guy has a new (to him) Tracker, no starter evidently, he pushes it in reverse then hops into it when it starts. Occasionally he has a passenger, they do the pushing.
One of the trailers has no utilities, they haul water over to it in two watering cans. They get the water from the RV side of the park...next to us... and have an extension cord over to the next trailer for 120 Volt power.
There is a small barn next to the horse corral, all sorts of guys come and go in there, we are still trying to figure that one out.
I am going to give an envelope with money in it to the homeless lady living in the tent with the young daughter, when we leave this morning. The mother sits in her beat-up old car under a tree in the evenings, her daughter rides around the park on her bicycle. I don't know what they will do when it gets cold here.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:11 AM   #12
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
That sounds like a really neat place, I'll put it in my book of "Dont Go There Parks". it looks like a moble home park that was built in the 50's.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Awww, where is your sense of adventure?