Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2007, 04:21 AM   #1
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Refrigerator Problem Solved

I posted recently about having a problem with the refrigerator in my new Monty not working on AC but working fine on propane.In preparing for travel, I would go in the coach several days before leaving, turn on the switch for the ceiling fan since it was warm, then turn on the refrigerator. It seemed to be trying to work. So I would turn off the fan and leave. I would go back some time later and the refrigerator CHECK light would be on. Repeated this procedure several times over 2 weeks.
Took it back to the dealer and they found the refrigerator AC power was wired thru the switch that turns on my ceiling fan/light, living room slide outlets, and rear coach outlets. It should have been wired in the circuit from the GFCI outlet in the kitchen. Someone at the factory either screwed up or took a short cut thinking no one would ever know.
Never dawned on me that turning off the fan/light switch was also turning off power to the frig. Dealer is rewiring it correctly.

BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:31 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I know this was frustrating and annoying but you have to admit it is head-shaking humorous to think about you turning on the fan because it is hot and the fridge works, then turn off the fan and leave and the fridge quits. Come back in, it's hot. Turn on the fan and the fridge works. I hope I'm not offending you. I'm glad your dealer was able to figure it out and fix it for you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:52 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Yeah. I thought it was kinda funny myself. Little things like that don't bother me. Just another experience to keep life interesting.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
Sounds like that same disease I have. Quote from dealer of everything I've ever bought! "I've never seen that before!"
kmh3212 is offline   Reply With Quote