Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2017, 08:40 AM   #1
dpam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10119
Protect All product instead of wax

I waxed our 5th wheel this summer, but now winter months are approaching so I'm wondering if Protect All works well in protecting against UV oxidation instead of applying more wax. Anyone use Protect All and if so I would appreciate your feedback. If applied does it protect well and how long does it
last before having to be reapplied.

Greatly appreciate your feedback.

dpam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:43 AM   #2
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
can`t make this stuff up

after trying other products found Protect All at Camping World for 15.00 dollars.
I put it on with and electric buffer and wool pad. I seemed to cut the oxidation pretty well but it did not last 2 months before the unit oxidation came back. It is suppose to clean, polish and seal, for a short time maybe, won`t buy it again.
What I did this time was wet sand the whole camper with 2500 grit, that in it`s self takes off all the oxidation and is very little work then I used Meguiar`s No. 49 oxidation remover to clarify the surface with a buffer and wool pad then used Meguiar`s pure wax by hand and that was a lot of work at 36 ft. of camper, Hope this works I`m tired of doing this more than once a year.
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #3
hybridhauler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13723
Pretty amazing stuff. I polished our 3750FL with it and it brought back the luster in the front and rear caps.

http://protecproducts.com/
hybridhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:20 PM   #4
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
I use Protect All on plastic light covers, plastic (imitation metal), solar panels, rubber gaskets/slide seals and similar items. It is thin so it does not provide the protection a 'normal' polish provides. Due to being thin, it requires repeating the process much sooner than the others. For waxing/polishing, I use NuFinish or Meguire's Cleaner Wax.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote