Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #1
YOPPER
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6547
CAMPGROUNDS IN MAINE

PLANNING TO BE IN THE BAR HARBOR, MAINE AREA 7/2009. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS ON CAMPGROUNDS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I HAVE AN O7 3475 RIG.

YOPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:25 AM   #2
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
This summer we stayed a few days at Shore Hills in Boothbay, ME --

They have a nice RV section -- combination of Pull-Thrus and Back-Ins

Very clean and maintained.

They have Cable TV, just no pool -- there is swimming in the River.

Although about 3 hours from Bar Harbor -- the Boothbay Harbor region is a nice stop over point

Before getting our fifth wheel, my wife & I would spend 1 week in Boothbay Harbor, every other year

Also, although we have never stayed -- these folks were at the Tampa RV Show:

Campground: Mt. Desert Narrows Camping Resort

Mount Desert Narrows Camping Resort is ideal for families of all sizes & ages who want to be on Mount Desert Island, near Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park. Mount Desert Narrows features H2O front tent & RV sites, a playground with horseshoes, volleyball, basketball & play structures, a heated swimming pool & an arcade. Our camp store is well stocked with everything from snacks to repair parts. And our friendly staff is always ready to help with your travel needs.
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:30 AM   #3
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
We stayed at The Narrows Too. It was at the end of the Bar Harbor Airport runway. Nice if you liked to hear and watch airplanes?! They were about to re-do the CG a couple of years ago.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:04 AM   #4
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
We stayed in Birch Harbor (don't rememeber name of the campground) and it was quite rustic. Beautiful area & views and only 1/4 mi from dock where lobsters were sold.
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:39 AM   #5
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
The Narrows campgrounds are very nice and the one on the island isn't affected by the airport. They are however, very expensive. This past summer we stayed at Hadley's Point CG and enjoyed the facilities and the owners were very nice as well. Area A in the CG is sort of their overflow area and very tight but the rest of the CG is fine. Much less expensive then Narrows. We met several Montana owners there and one MOCer.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #6
corncob
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8226
Have camped yearly at the Mt Desert Narrows Campground for many years. This year there were a good many vacancies over the 4th of July. As previously stated, it is getting expensive. There is a KOA just across the Trenton Bridge as you get on the Island on Rt 3. Both Narrows Campgrounds have the plane noise I have found thru the years. But, not an issue for me.
Some other campgrounds on the Island, but you may be in a dry camp.
Regards
corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 12:47 AM   #7
scrowba
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2570
I think the campground in Birch harbor is called Oceanwood. We camped there in our popup but never brought the Monty there.
scrowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:15 AM   #8
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We liked to spend our money on lobster instead of campgrounds and found Hadley Point was great for us. Close to Acadia and free bus ride to downtown right from the park. We were there for 9 days without sewer but they have a honey wagon that we used twice. We had stayed at the Narrow Two on a previous trip but since they re-did the park the daily rate has jumped to over $70.00. That's a lot of lobster.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:38 AM   #9
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
We also stayed at Hadley Point CG. Convenient with bus route starting in CG. I wouldn't ever drive in Bar Harbor again, once was enough. Just a quarter mile away from CG is the Traveling Lobster Man. Great bargain and during tourist season they deliver. We drove to pick ours up. No seating as operated out of garage. $35 with tip for 2: 1 1/4 # lobster, cob corn, butter, 8 crab claws, & bun. Maine lobster men said if you want to taste lobster skip the butter, if you want to taste butter drink it. Look to spend 2 days exploring Acadia Nat'l Park and be sure to go to the peak of Cadillac Mt. We spent a week and would love to go back as didn't get enough hiking in.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #10
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Murffy and I spent a week or so at Narrows Too. It is expensive but we loved it, backed up to the narrows and were amazed watching the tides. I would go back, the folks working there were super nice as were all of our neighbors. The sites were big enough to feel comfortable in.
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote