Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Sam's Emergency Assistance Plus

Does anyone out there have this service?
It all sounds good but I would like to get other opinions if you have it. It's only 109.00 a year including spouse and pets.
Thanks in advance....Jack

jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:17 AM   #2
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
I just got this service. My parents have the service and have had to use it. They are very happy with it. A couple of years ago the rv had a wheel bearing go out. They called Good Sam. They have a smaller rv and Good Sam sent out a flat bed trailer and towed the TV and the RV to the repair shop. My dad said they were very helpful and friendly over the phone, with the first quetion being "Are you in a safe place". Plus the service covers not just the rv but the tv also. And if they have to send two trucks get get you towed one for the tv and one for the rv they will.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:27 AM   #3
bushmill
Established Member

M.O.C. #9088
Excellent service, a must have when traveling. We were in an accident damaging both the RV and TV. they dispatched two tow trucks, hauling us almost 100 miles for repair. They also dispatched emergency personnel to the accident scene. Great service.
I have also used them to replace flat tire, no problem.
bushmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
I think this might be a new service Sam offers,it's not road service it actually deals with emergency medical problems.Doctors,Airlifting,Transporting your rig,taking care of your pets etc...Jack
Old 02-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
We have the Good Sam's road assistance. It covers all our vehicles, not just the RV. We have not had to use it and hopefully will not in the future but it gives us peace of mind when we head out. We did have friends that had a different company same coverage and it was worth a million bucks when their RV had electrical issues. They where towed at no cost. The rig needed to tow these RV's can not be reasonable. What a way to ruin your vacation. We would not be without it through one company or the other.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #6
ljensen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8384
I have had the emergency service for two years. Never used it and I hope I do not need it,but if you or your wife fall Ill, it would be very cheap ins. to have some one drive your rig back home or take care of your pets. There are alot of no cost to them fluff in the policy,but these two things alone make it worth it to me.
ljensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:59 AM   #7
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
We carried this policy for a year after Chuck had those blood clots hit his lungs - he has been doing fine for 2 years now and we now have a motor home that I feel comfortable driving, so for now we have dropped that coverage - definitely still have the road service with Good Sam, tho.
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:29 AM   #8
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by refocused

We carried this policy for a year after Chuck had those blood clots hit his lungs - he has been doing fine for 2 years now and we now have a motor home that I feel comfortable driving, so for now we have dropped that coverage - definitely still have the road service with Good Sam, tho.
Thanks,thats the kind of info. I was looking for.
It's only 109.00 a year,not bad for what they offer.
Jack
Old 02-13-2010, 12:03 PM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Tell you what.. That sounds really low cost considering what those services cost. We have skymed and it is a great deal more expensive. I have been unable to find a detailed description of what the Good Sam's service covers and what it pays. Right now it sounds like.. it is to good to be true... I would suggest that you do some in depth homework on the coverage.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:39 PM   #10
Sky
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9806
I think you are talking about two seperate policies....one is a road service and the other is for medical emergencies which are from Good Sams. We have both
and I have only used the road side assistance and hope I never have to use the other but we feel it is something that is really needed when on a long trip. We
used the road assistance two days in a row and each time the men sent were polite and professional. I would advise you to get at least the road side assistance
program. I don't want to pry into your age, but if you are getting up in age and do some long distance traveling I would suggest getting both policies.
Hope this helps but remember it is two seperate policies not one that covers all.
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 03:25 PM   #11
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Tell you what.. That sounds really low cost considering what those services cost. We have skymed and it is a great deal more expensive. I have been unable to find a detailed description of what the Good Sam's service covers and what it pays. Right now it sounds like.. it is to good to be true... I would suggest that you do some in depth homework on the coverage.
Rich,I sent you a PM.....Jack
Old 02-13-2010, 03:31 PM   #12
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sky

I think you are talking about two seperate policies....one is a road service and the other is for medical emergencies which are from Good Sams. We have both
and I have only used the road side assistance and hope I never have to use the other but we feel it is something that is really needed when on a long trip. We
used the road assistance two days in a row and each time the men sent were polite and professional. I would advise you to get at least the road side assistance
program. I don't want to pry into your age, but if you are getting up in age and do some long distance traveling I would suggest getting both policies.
Hope this helps but remember it is two seperate policies not one that covers all.
Sky,We do have the road polcy,I was just inquiring if anyone had experience with the Med.Asst. Thanks for the reply,thats what I was looking for...Jack
Old 02-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #13
muddflapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7533
Are you able to just get the road side assistance without getting your vehicles insured through Good Sam. If you can, do you have an idea what the annual cost of just the road side assistance is?
muddflapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:28 PM   #14
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Bill, you can get just their Road Service by it self... .Jack
www.GoodSamERS.com
Old 02-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #15
muddflapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7533
Thanks Jack. We have had to have our truck and trailer towed twice last summer and each time it was over $300 out of pocket. Our insurance only covers up to $100 for each vehicle. Everyone said to check out AAA but I thought Good Sam might be a better choice.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #16
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
We have Good Sam ERS and we have had to use them. They did a great job and I had no out of pocket expense when my 2500 GMC went down while towing our 3400 through GA.

I also would like to hear from anyone who has had to use the Emergency Assistance Plus...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #17
muddflapp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7533
Ok, I just bought Good Sam ERS...Thanks for this forum...I love it!!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:10 AM   #18
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Jack, I always say a guy ought to put you money where your mouth is. So I will just say I chose to purchase the Medical Air Service Association (MASA) plan. It is the most complete package for this type coverage. They will air ambulance you from anywhere in the world to where the Doctors say you need to go. They will get you rig back to your home address they will also transport your spouse. If you need ambulance service from your residence, they will provide that too.

You need to read the fine print to see what the exclusions are and compare apples to apples. Believe me there are no real bargains in coverages. You will get what you pay for. But let me say that some coverage is better than no coverage. Sooner or later you will need this kind of service. It is not "if", it is "when".

If you want this type service at this level, check out Coach-Net. They have a road service plan that includes Medical Assistance. Both of the in a single package come to $119 per year or three years for $289 if you are an Escapees member. It is called their Platinum Plan. As I said, it is both road service and medical assistance in a single package.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:48 AM   #19
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Thanks Stiles for the info. I agree with what you said "some coverage is better than no coverage" I'll have to look into Coach-Net. Tell Dianna hi for us.
Jack and Terry