Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Water pump not pumping FIXED

De-winterizing the Monty today getting ready for our trip to Quartzsite and tried the water pump. The water pump runs, but I don't get water. I pressurizing the system with city water and tried the pump again, still no water. I have a spare water pump and tried it, same results. I looked for a check valve that might be stuck, but couldn't find one. Call dealer's service department, got the old "could be a lot of things, bring it in". The fresh water tank is about 1/3 full. Anybody have a idea what the problem could be?

PROBLEM FIXED

The convince center has a connection for adding anti-freeze and a check valve. I capped the connection, turned on the pump and once all the air was out, had water. The check valve is bad and was sucking in air when the pumping was turned on.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
Might check the position of the valves in the convenience center.
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Is there a bypass somewhere that needs to be unbypassed? I am not an RV plumbing expert but I've seen a whole lot of bypass valves while rooting 'round the RV and it will only take one to screw things up.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Could it possibly be a one way check valve that is frozen or not functioning. We have one between the shower and kitchen pantry. Never had a problem with it though. Is there water coming out in the basement as in a disconnected hose? Maybe a hose came off the water pump......Some things to check maybe, otherwise, Dealer, here we come......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Two things come to mind did you use the pump to put anitfreeze into your lines? If so is this valve still in this position? Sometimes our pump won't prime till we open a faucet.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
Thanks guys,but nothing has worked so far. The winterize valve is in the off position, even tried it in the on. I took it apart and all seem good. The water heater bi-pass is off and the tank fill valve is off. Was trying to figure where the lines go and it appears the supply line to the fresh water tank is also the return line to the water pump, so there wouldn't be a check valve in that one. Probably something very obvious, just can't find it.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
My husband..Hobobob... is a retired plumber! So, that being said I read him what you have been experiencing and he wondered if there was pocket of water that did not get blown out or did not get anti-freeze into it..it could just be froze! Maybe! :-)

See ya in Quartzsite and let us know what happened.
Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
Crossthread
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6460
Don, try capping off the street water inlet. The "O" ring in there could be stuck and letting air in. Bill
Crossthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Have you checked to see if the hose clamps are tight on the pump. Also I had to opened the tap in the bathroom and then it started pumping the last time I used the pump.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #10
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
Air leak in the suction line or loose screws on the pump head. That was the problem on my rig. You will need to bleed off air at a sink. I am sure you will find it.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #11
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Glad you found it and got it fixed or can fix it.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote