Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #1
jwedell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6436
Installing Washer/Dryer Combo

I will be installing a Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo unit in my 2006 - 3500RL and was wondering if any one else had done this before. The water and electric are already there. It should be pretty easy to install the dryer vent. I'm not too sure about the dryer hose. Do you connect it while it is outside the cabinet and stuff the whole thing in the cabinet or do you cut an access hole in the closet to connect it when it is in place. Also do you recommend using the hold down brackets (sold separately). Any help would be appreciated. I live on long island and I really don't trust the local guys to do a decent job.

jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
John
We have a 3400. Believe this thing is not going to move. It is too heavy. We have traveled over 8,000 miles and ours has not moved an inch.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
tkditta

M.O.C. #7627
I installed a Splendide 2100 Washer/Dryer combo unit in my 2008 - 3605RL. It is more of a pain then hard. I tryed to install the dryer vent and then slide in the unit. The dryer hose droped down and the unit would not slide in all the way. I cut an access hole in the closet and lifted the hose up on to the small shelf, this allowed the unit to slide back into place.
By the way I removed the bottom stile from the cabinet, this let me slide the unit in, so I didn't have to lift it up and in. Re-installed stile, no room to move. Good Luck
tkditta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
You will not need tie-downs.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:51 AM   #5
cucalene
Established Member

M.O.C. #8260
Send a message via AIM to cucalene
I just finished installing one in my 3600RE with the washer dryer cabinet space in the right front corner of my bedroom. the hardest part was getting the machine into the bedroom. In the space was labeled where to drill for the the exhaust, it is hidden way in the back.. I should have offset my opening to the rear by one inch. I used a 3"hole saw on my portable drill and had no problems. I installed the outer flange and connected the hose to it, than connected my exhaust to the machine later.the big thing I did was remove the upper moulding so I could tilt the machine forward to connect the hoses and exhaust. Remember to put some water into the waste pipe so sewer odors do not come into the bedroom.
cucalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #6
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
We installed one in the closet next to the door and went out the back with a flat vent pipe with a round in and out. Put a hole in the wall to the basement and a 90 deg. elbow and then down through the basement floor. No hole in the side of the rig.

Yes, you should use the two hold down clips on the front. Better safe than sorry. Good luck.

dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:32 AM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Tana finally got herself a W/D, the fancy dancy Spendide. Installed by CW, and have to say, we got a great installer! WAHHOOOOOOOO

No hold down brackets. Tana went for a short get away since, about 500 miles, give or take, W/D did not move.

Al was concerned about this moving thing, and now is mucho more relaxed about it.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:54 AM   #8
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Carol, we took our splendide all the way out to Oregon and it didn't move at all.
Now, we have the 3455 and when they installed it, they put two hold down clamps in the front. Guess the front closet install may need some reassurance?
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:31 AM   #9
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Steve

That is very interesting. Ours, of course, is in the bedroom middle closet from the old 3295. The machine sits 90 degrees different than yours (I believe).

As usual, different floor plans may present different situations for the same equipment.

Gotta love this sport!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We have driven over 10,000 miles, up mountains, down mountains, bumpy roads, etc. and our W/D has not moved one bit.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #11
jwedell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6436
Installed ours myself in a 3500RL (front bedroom under the TV) and added the brackets. I'm not worried about it falling out the doors because the TV doesn't have enought power even if floored. I'm worried about a panic stop (or accident) and ramming it forward to the front of the rig. JMHO ... John
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote