Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #1
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Winegard Traveler SK-3005 5 LNB Dish

Installed a Winegard Traveler SK-3005 5 LNB Dish on the Monty. For those interested in installing a SK-3005 it is not that hard and something you can do yourself if you are somewhat handy and able bodied. No special tools required. My install was the simplest install because I was running only one HD receiver.

The hardest part was carrying the unit up a ladder to the top of the roof. Deciding where I wanted to mount it was another do I do it here or do I need it there. Just use the most flat spot on the roof. The job maybe took a couple of hours even with the deep thought process. My install required mounting the base close to a vent in front of the dish. No problem with the swing. You need clearance at the back of the dish for stowing.

Here are a couple of sites that will help you to decide if you want to do it yourself.

Installation Video
http://www.winegard.com/kbase/show_vid.php?vid_num=5

Installation Manual
http://www.argorv.com/suppliers/wine...ls/SK-3005.pdf

After installation it is one button push for on and one button push for stow. Works great so far. Time will tell as for the life of it.
I think I will still carry my tripod and Slimline for backup. Most of the places I have stayed trees would not have been a problem. Yes, I have run into places where trees would have been a problem. I have also stayed in a couple of places where my tripod didn't work.

You will find the SK-3005 on the internet for $1450 up. Solid Signal has them for $1499 plus $26 shipping. This is not an ad for any of them. Just helpful info as to cost. The SK-3005 5 LNB dish will be the most costly. Less LNBs less cost.

Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote