Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2018, 01:36 PM   #1
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
Refrigerator

There have been a lot of posts about keeping the frig cold in hot weather and I thought that I would add our experience. We have a 2012 Montana 3582 with a Norcold 1210. Last year I added a 9 inch $12 110 volt fan from Walmart behind the frig that is on a timer. I used conduit bracket hold downs to keep the fan from vibrating around and in place. I angled it slitly up to help the airflow. I had not checked the temp in awhile so I’m looking at it today with our current heat(90’s) and humidity (60’s) it is set on 7 and the upper left freezer compartment is at 0 degrees and the top shelf of the frig is at 32 degrees. I am convinced that the added airflow in the back is helping it to stay cooler than it would normally without it. Just FYI in case someone wants to try it.

Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #2
RichR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11369
Good thought- mite try that!!
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:38 PM   #3
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
I did the same but mine is a 2015 3582 with a domestic. Added the fan with a setable clicker to turn it on and off.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:44 PM   #4
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
Yes that is the same kind of timer I use too. Works great especially when I need the extendl the time because of warmer nights during the summer. Thankfully the 3582 has that extra room behind the fridge. Also added a thermally activated fire extinguisher in case there was a fire that starts back there. We have camped next to 2 fifth wheels and my Dads motor home that burnt to the ground due to their fridge.
Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote