Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
swampdonkey
Established Member

M.O.C. #10718
slides and landing gear

how is everyone doing? I have a 2009 3400rls I am a full timer. Moved from one site to another everything worked fine before the move after moving it the slides and landing gear would not work off of the rocker switches inside or out. But worked off of the remote control. I am sure it is a loose wire but where. One more thing the awing works on the remote and rocker switch. Hope someone can help!

Thanks
Swampdonkey

swampdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
The same thing happened to us--all at once didn't work, same switches--We needed a new circuit board. There was a recent discussion on this too. told how to
check --I am sure someone will come along with more info. in the mean time try a search
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=39671 might work if I did this right. pineranch was the original author
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #3
thor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6133
in the front compartment where the pump is there is two little black breakers follow the wires from the rocker switch to the pump and you will see this breakers to see if it is the breaker put a screw driver across the two posts then push the rocker switch if it works the switch could be bad.tht is where i would look first because you said the remote still works.
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
roadking2005
Established Member

M.O.C. #10670
Just noticed your post. I was the one who wrote a post on the same problem and was told how to check to see if it was a ground problem. It was not. I brought mine to the dealer today for them to fix. Their first thought was the circuit board. I was pleasantly surprised when he asked me if I needed it back by the weekend. I was prepared to wait a long time for the circuit board to arrive. I got the impression they were very aware of the problem. For your info. we camped all summer using the remote and it worked fine every trip.
roadking2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:14 AM   #5
swampdonkey
Established Member

M.O.C. #10718
A big hello to everyone.

Thanks for all the help with my problem. Just got new board and put it in all works great. Thanks again.

safe travels
Swampdonkey
Old 10-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
7.3Ford
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9808
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by swampdonkey

A big hello to everyone.

Thanks for all the help with my problem. Just got new board and put it in all works great. Thanks again.

safe travels
Swampdonkey
I wouldn't be so sure that you are fixed. Mine did same thing switches would not work, but remote did. Then it got to where switches and remote wouldn't work.

I had my unit up at CW three times. Last time they replaced the Circuit board (and new remote), and it worked great. Got home and was raising the front legs, half way up and quit. I did figure out that if you remove power to the circuit board it will work again for a little while.

But long term you need to replace the two Auto-reset Circuit breakers. There are two, one is 50AMP (main power feed) and the other is 30AMP (to circuit board). I replaced the 30AMP with a new 40AMP Auto-reset breaker (local auto parts store), and the 50AMP with a Car Stereo 80 AMP Manual Reset Circuit Breaker. The a 80 Amp Car Circuit Breaker cost about $8.00 + shipping. There are many that have adds on eBay Stores, here is example of one in the US:
http://cgi.ebay.com/80A-CIRCUIT-BREA...item4aa4c0fa4f

Here is the link to my ordeal: http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...hTerms=circuit
7.3Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
swampdonkey
Established Member

M.O.C. #10718
Well here i am again. New board everthing works on rocker switches. Can not program the remote. when i push the program button on the borag and hold it the red light does not come on. What is next hope someone can help
Old 11-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Swampdonkey,
There has been some discussion on this here on the forum. Disconnect all power to the rig, including 12 volt DC (battery) and let it sit for 20-30 minutes. Reconnect power and try the reset procedure again. Here is a link to the Lippert website with the reset procedure: http://www.lci1.com/LIP/0113.pdf Although it does not mention disconnecting the power, it has worked for others and myself when the reprogram function was unresponsive. Good luck

Jack
Old 11-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #9
shortrnd
Established Member

M.O.C. #9023
I see I am nnot the only one with probs with slide outs. I have a 36r anniversy edition, it is currantly in the shop. coming back from colorodo,on third day home, had to use drill to open slides, then they closed. while closing, breaker popped at least 7 times before all closed up. got home, slides worked fine. shop manger called me yester day, said he found several wire connections loose, he is going to change factory breaker with 50 amp, and clean slide gears and adjust slides. Called Keystone customer service, girl said that she has seen up to 80 amp breakers put on units. says that lippert told her wiring is good for up to 100 amp. If this is the case, why are only 30 amp breakers put on from factory, stay tuned, will brief all of you on outcome, I am afraid all of this will cost me up to 700 in labor costs. He told me that lipperts says that this does not come under warranty
shortrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:25 PM   #10
shortrnd
Established Member

M.O.C. #9023
Well, here is an update on 2009 36r, shop called, ordered 80 am breaker, he said that he talked to keystone customer service and they said that it was out of their warranty, (2009 out of warranty in 2010?????????????) any now i will have to discuss it with keystone myself, as it is not an issue that extended warranty will honor. cannot have dealer work on it as i live in Pa and bought camper at Lazy days in Fla. another story another time hahahha
Old 11-28-2010, 03:39 AM   #11
swampdonkey
Established Member

M.O.C. #10718
Hello everyone:

Once again thanks to all of you folks my problem is fixed. I would have to say anyone that has a Montana should be a member, if not more then just to talk with all of you great people out there that are so willing to help.

Happy Travels
Swampdonkey
Right now in South Carolina
Old 12-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #12
shortrnd
Established Member

M.O.C. #9023
HElp, and i repeat, Help, shop called, 8o amp breaker is working fine, no tripping while opening or closeing slides. BBBBuuut, he says the slides will only work sometimes, worked all day yester day, then when he was going to close up and clean they would not work, waited about an hour and then they worked, That is the exact prob i told happened on my trip from colorodo.there are times they just dont work with switch, or remote. He says all connectons are tight. Can there be a flat spot on the electric motor?????. Is the control panel bad? I need someone out there who has seen this prob. Please help,,,,,,,,,,,,, thank you Shortrnd
Old 12-02-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
we had a similar problem, wouldn't work with switch but did with remote--ended up with a new control circuit board.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote