Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2006, 04:17 AM   #1
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Update on our delamination problem

Well it would seem Keystone has come through again! We received notice from our Dealer yesterday that YES, Keystone has authorized the repair work needed to be done to fix our "bubble" problem, even though our rig is a 2004, and is past regular warranty. We have an appointment at the shop on the 21st of August.

Our dealers Parts manager from Foley RV in Marysville WA, is also a hero in this, as he not only got the authorization, he has arranged it so the shop working on our Rig will allow us to still stay in the rig for the two days it will take to complete the repairs.

Life is good once again.

Joy

melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:09 AM   #2
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Whew!

That's gotta be a weight off.

Glad to hear the product's backed up, again.

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This is sort of a rhetorical question..Why is it that some folks can deal with keystone with so positive results and other folks just ..can't..could it be maybe..attitude???Your experience is the major reason we have a Keystone/ Montana.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:01 AM   #4
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Rich,

Very well could be attitude. You can see that here, sometimes. There may be one small item on a Monty that breaks, and one of the victim's posts comes out like, "Keystone sells nothing but junk!"

I'm guessing that a lot of it begins with the dealer. You wouldn't know much about nasty dealers, having dealt with Town & Country. I hardly know anything about bad dealers, myself, having dealt with Simmons RV, and RV Connections. But I do know that we've both seen numerous posts that can only be attributed to downright lousy dealers doing bad stuff to customers, after the sale. (Sometimes, even before the sale, it seems.)

That can start a bad attitude in the customer.

And, if a problem is presented to Keystone, through a bad dealer, Keystone might get an attitude about the problem, as well.

Talk nice to the folks at Keystone, unless you want to be on your own with a problem.

And, always drop off donuts when you visit the main factory service offices. I've never had a bad experience with those folks. Nor with RV Connections people, who enjoy a dose of donuts when I'm around.

And if you aren't near those people, speak as if you're on your way from Dunkin' Donuts when discussing a problem.

Sure can't hurt!

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #5
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I really wish everyone could deal with people like Ketelsen RV in Hiawatha, IA. They have always bent over backwards to help us. I just talked to them the other day and they are having people from all over coming into their place of business and are going away very satisfied. These folks really know "customer service." The father of the business, Johnny Ketelsen started the business because he had a penchant for camping and for helping people. Their relationship with Keystone is at the top of the list.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:45 PM   #6
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
We're glad to hear your problem is going to be taken care of. Once again Keystone gets an A+
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:25 PM   #7
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
That is good news that Keystone is doing that for yous!!
I really think it is who you speak with when calling Keystone. When I talked with 2 representives from Keystone, one was very understanding, whereas the other was just plain out right rude. As a matter of fact I am still waiting on a reply from a letter that I have written to Keystone (sent it off in May)I just nicely asked them to make a note of our problem and to please let me know if that is what they would kindly do...I think maybe they are ignoring me..lol ...I am sending another letter and this time I will have them sign for it. This way I will know that they have recieved it. As you never know with the postal service these days.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #8
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Mel and Joy, we are happy to hear that Keystone is taking care of your problem. I know it is a inconvience to have to take the Montana in for service but it sure does make it eaiser when you know the manufacture is standing behind there product even after the printed warranty period. Sharon and I are sure happy that we chose to purchase a Montana, and even more so since we have met so many wonderful people here on the forum.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #9
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Yes! We are very grateful that things have worked out so well so far. We never even had to call Keystone ourselves on this matter. Obviously our dealer has a good re pore with them. Thank you all for all the support you have given us. We agree with those who suggest that a good attitude is what it takes to get help in all walks of life. I have found this always to be true. We'll let you know when it's all completely said and done and how it went.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:20 AM   #10
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
This is a very good example of the importance of a good dealer.Generally the factory depends on the dealer to tell them what should or should not be fixed for free. If your dealer is not interested in trying to help you when out of warranty it is much more difficult dealing with the factory. Generally the factory depends on the dealer to tell them what should or should not be fixed for free, so once again, price isn't everything
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote