Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
cbgaloot
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10337
No power to Fireplace outlet?

2004 Monty 3670RL.

I have no power to the outlet that appears to be meant for the fake fireplace. I would like to run the electric heater part to warm my toes.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this and knows any tricks.

It's located in the cabinet to the left of the fireplace, the sub woofer is also supposed to plug into it.

There no breaker tripped.
I have checked voltage at the output side of all breakers.
No breaker is labeled "fireplace"

I found an electrical box outside under the slide out that has no voltage in it. Tried to trace the wire from it but it kind of disappeared into the underbelly

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bill

cbgaloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Your statement the box has no power is a key clue, since it means power lose is between it and the circuit breakers.
One question. Is there a light switch near you Microwave? If so flip it so the Microwave is off and see if the fireplace works.
If no switch. I suggest you follow safety procedures (pull power at pedestal) and remove the circuit break panel and check for a loose wire on the back. That outlet/box should be connected to a circuit breaker.
Good luck and let us know what you find.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
cbgaloot
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10337
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by H. John Kohl

Your statement the box has no power is a key clue, since it means power lose is between it and the circuit breakers.
One question. Is there a light switch near you Microwave? If so flip it so the Microwave is off and see if the fireplace works.

Good luck and let us know what you find.
Thanks H. John! The Marines to the rescue again.

The light switch by the Microwave was it. We knew it turned off the microwave, but weren't aware it was switching the fireplace on.

But now we have to buy a clock.

Glad it was something like this. It's way too cold out there to be crawling around under this thing chasing wires.
cbgaloot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
You could re-wire the switch (basically removing it) so that both the fireplace and the microwave/clock are supplied at the same time. Just make sure you don't try to use both at the same time (the standby on the microwave uses so little current that it wouldn't be a problem with the fireplace on).
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote