Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Vicksburg, MS CG suggesions?

Will be stopping in Vicksburg toward the end of April and looking for suggestions for a CG hopefully with WI-FI. Checked RV Campground reviews and doesn't look promising with the best rated is Ameristar RV Park. Nothing on Clear Creek CG or River Town CG. Anyone with good experience and suggested stay for a week?

sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
We stayed for a week at Magnolia RV Park and it was just fine. I think it is a Good Sam Park, too. Check out their website www.magnoliarvparkresort.com

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
DnDatGrdJct
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7686
I agree with Bob n Pam. We have stayed at this park twice. Found it convenient, easy to get to and friendly. You can easily use this as a base for local travel.
DnDatGrdJct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 02:57 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Same for us. Matter of fact, we visited a little with Bob and Pam when we were there overnite. A nice bonus! The sites are mostly, if not all, pull throughs.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:31 AM   #5
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Thanks ya'll. I trust MOCer's opinions on CG recommendations. At RV Campground Reviews the only real complaint with Magnolia was the closeness between campers one stating they couldn't get awning out without hitting their neighbor. Also one said poor WI-FI reception while other said it was good. Safe travels everyone.
sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #6
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Last year in March we stayed at river-town campground. We were with a mini rally group. Think about 30 of us. We really enjoyed the campground. They have cable TV as I remember and wifi. It was a clean campground. Good washer and dryer facilities. Don't remember off hand what the price was. Think we got a better price as we were with a group.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #7
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Will just add that we stayed at the River-town campground last May for an overnight on the way to Florida and found it to be quite acceptable. We would have no hesitation to stay there again. It's a little bit out of the way of our route on I-20, but, for us, worth that distance.

Just edit to add that we also enjoy staying at the Askew's Landing RV Park about 20 miles east of Vicksburg. It is distinctly rural, which suits our taste, but would not be the choice of others.

We have also enjoyed our stops in the Roosevelt State Park, a good bit further east on I-20. Nice wooded sites, very reasonable cost. Our choice of these depends upon the details of our itinerary.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote