Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2003, 04:43 PM   #1
Montana_203
Established Member

M.O.C. #203
Allegheny National Forest — Pennsylvania

In the Allegheny National Forest at the Kinzua Dam and Reservoir area we have 4 campgrounds that are fantastic.

I must tell you that My wife and I manage Dewdrop campground and two of our other campgrounds are 6 miles away and 8 miles away. All 3 on the reservoir.

At Dewdrop we have 75 sites, 64 of which will handle almost any size RV. The sites are very spacious and often we have 45 foot motorhomes there. We are right on the reservoir with our own boat dock and fabulous fishing and scenery.

Being a National Forest campground we don't have hook-ups of course(except for full hook-ups for our hosts) but we have hot showers, flush toilets and water hydrants scattered throughout the campground. Our 75 sites are scattered over an area about 3/4 mile long by about 1/2 mile wide. We have plenty of room but yet have quite a few campsites that back up to each other and can accommodate groups that want to camp close together. Not like a private campground but some of our sites are 1/4 acre in size and the nearest campsite is some distance away.

This is one of the most beautiful places in the country and this will be our 3rd year there.

I am not soliciting campers because we stay full most of the time but of course we usually have sites during the week. We are probably already booked for Memorial Day and July 4th weekend. I haven't checked the website lately for reservations.

The nearest campground to us is Kiasutha and they have 91 sites, a public beach and boat launch and picnic area in addition to all paved sites.

Red Bridge campground is right across the reservoir from them and is also very nice but does not have a boat launch.

Our 4th campground is at Twin Lakes, about 20 miles south of us on a man made lake and they have electrical/water sites and swimming in their lake as well as picnicking.

If you get up that way and are looking for great National Forest camping, check us out. If you come to Dewdrop be sure to look me up. I'll be in the Manager's site in my 3255 Montana.

Good camping to all.

"Have Trailer—will travel"
1999 Montana 3255RL
1999 Dodge 1-Ton Dually w/Cummins 5.9TD

Montana_203 is offline   Reply With Quote