Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2017, 08:12 PM   #1
Duramax
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19941
Electric auto level system

I took my highcountry camping for first time last weekend. I could not get auto level to work. It kept saying error front left jack? I had put them all down manually. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do the rear ones need to be on ground before I hit auto level?
Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:43 PM   #2
baybum10
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #15866
When you arrive at the camp site extend the front legs an extra couple of inches before you drop the inner legs. Then remove your truck. This gives the auto level room to adjust up or down. If a jack bottoms out it will give the error message. You do not need to put the rear jacks down before hitting auto level.
baybum10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:02 PM   #3
Duramax
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19941
Thanks for the tip! The dealer wasn't the most helpful explaining anything as I picked it up right before labor day weekend as they were closing. They were in a hurry so I'm learning on the fly! Thanks to this forum I have figured out a few things!
Duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:56 PM   #4
jjfleck
Established Member

M.O.C. #19826
Make sure that the front end of the trailer is above level when you start. Lippert has some good youtube videos you can watch about operating and troubleshooting the system
jjfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:13 PM   #5
tony d
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17769
Thanks for the post and info. I recently had the same issue but thought it was due to my dead battery. i just manually leveled it and figured i'd wait to get a couple new batteries before trying again.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:45 PM   #6
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Same problem with mine. Auto level sometimes works, sometimes not. Now the LCD display is blank, so I'm manually leveling with a bubble level. I think the control pad on these units could have used some "refining" before putting them out. The "insruction" I got from the dealer consisted of pushing the auto level button and standing back. I am not happy with this system. Now I have to try and get an appointment with the dealer (again).
Old 06-20-2017, 06:15 AM   #7
Twopetes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17535
A couple adds-

I had this happen and the manual has instructions how to "home" all the jacks. This cleared the error.

2nd, check the auto-level manual - there is a set procedure to lift the camper nose when uphooking and then let the auto-level work. This is also how you set the auto return height where the rear jacks pull in and the front jacks bring the camper back to the position needed to hook up.

You can get the auto level manual on line.

BTW - do you have Lippert 3.0 with 4 jacks or the one with 6 jacks? And I suggest (if you don't already have them) that you get a set of levels and place them strategically near the auto-level control. Level the trailer with a good 2-4 ft. level (inside) and then install the small bubble levels near the control. One for side to side and one for front to back. They give you a great reference that all is working and if you need to manual level, it is where you need them. Sorry if you have this already, just throwing out info that I find helpfull

Just for the record - I am like Bad Moon and almost always manually level. I am faster than the auto system!

Good luck - FYI my 15 HC has the Lipper 3.0 with 4 jacks
Retired and Lovin’ it!
Twopetes is offline   Reply With Quote