Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Brad??

Anybody know what Brad (bsmeaton) is doing? His last post was early April.

TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Due to some sort of disagreement, he was locked out. I have talked to him a couple of times on the "other" forum but he didn't go into detail as to what had transpired.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
I'm sorry to hear that Lonnie...I enjoyed many of his posts and was wondering why he fell silent.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I saw his id was locked out a while ago, but when I just checked it looks like the "lock" is gone. So maybe he has completed his punishment? I think a number of us miss his information and insight.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
Yamaha_Mama
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8057
We were thinking about him as well. We appreciate his great input, ideas and mods!! Come on back Brad!! Ken and Marilyn
Yamaha_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:26 AM   #6
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
We also miss Brad. Hope he is back on real soon!!!!!
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:42 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The lock is still there...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:49 AM   #8
ehmcfarl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8206
Just for my own information, what does a lock mean? What could cause someones ID to get locked?
ehmcfarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:16 AM   #9
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
I sent him a PM several weeks ago. I asked that he come back on the forum to offer his common sense. I never got a response.

Come on back Brad!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:01 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
He is locked out. He can't get on the forum to respond to anything. One is locked out at the discretion of the administrators. The lock may be hard to see but it is to the left of little icon of the head in the members section. The administrators police this forum very closely and little gets by them.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:43 AM   #11
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I noticed once on the "other" forum he mentioned he would never post here again. Never saw any mention of what the problem was.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #12
Lawman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7940
Although I have been a member for a while, I very seldom make posts.

This is a wonderful forum and I think it is a great place to learn about our Montanas and RVing in general, it has sure been of great assistance to me. I also realize that this forum is a 'private' forum and the administrators can do anything they want, make any rules they want, and lock out anybody they want. However, I'm a member of a number of different forums such as diesel truck, diesel truck engines, boat (three), boat engine, as well as two other RV forums. When I campare how these forums operate compared to this forum, it seems to me that our administrators are very quick to lock somebody out, for what, to most of us, would seem to be a very minor infraction, if an infraction at all. I don't know what Brad was supposed to have done, but he was a very fine member and contributor of this forum and his ideas and knowledge will certainly be missed.

I would like to see our administrators ease up a bit and not be so quick to bar long term and very fine contributors.
Lawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #13
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Every story has two sides. Maybe he was a 'repeat offender' or maybe he told the Mod's to shove it when they called him out on a violation. As pointed out, it's a private forum and if we want to participate, we must play by the rules.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #14
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tom S.

Every story has two sides. Maybe he was a 'repeat offender' or maybe he told the Mod's to shove it when they called him out on a violation. As pointed out, it's a private forum and if we want to participate, we must play by the rules.
I couldn't agree more.
Since joining this forum back in 03 I have seen many members locked out. Quite often it was very obvious why this happened but more often than not it was something that happened behind the scenes. I personally know 4 such cases. From speaking to the locked out members I found that in all 4 cases they developed a bad attitude with the Admins and they were locked out. Did I agree with the Admins?? It doesn't matter as stated it's a private forum and if we want to participate, we must play by the rules or move on.
I am also a member of a half dozen other forums and a number of them need some policing. One in particular that some members refer to as "the other forum" is a prime example of lazy administration.

As for Brad, I have no idea why he was banned. He was a great contributer and had helped a number of us with various problems. He will be missed.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I, too, enjoyed Brad's postings. But no one should be quick to blame the admins for Brad being locked out without knowing all the details. May have been a long brewing situation. May have been a sudden confrontation. May have been a personal issue. We will most likely never know the true full story.
On thing about this closely monitored forum is that it is almost always civil. Rarely are there any personal attacks and putdowns, brand bashing, or all the other stuff you often see on the "other forum". And I am glad of it.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:23 PM   #16
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Well, someone could find out right from the horse's mouth, or maybe the admins would clarify why a valued member has been locked out. I personally read everything he ever wrote; I didn't always agree with his point or the way he said it, but he had the right to say it the way he saw it...obviously, admins did not see it that way??...who knows.

I will miss his knowledge and the research he did for our pleasure.

Information regarding contacting Brad has been removed by MOC Admin. While this information may be available online the MOC lists this type information only in an emergency situation. If you would like to have this info please email or PM simonsrf.

Thank you,
RVWheels

BTW, this is public information I got off the internet.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:09 AM   #17
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
His last post was on April 6, 2009. I sure do hope he hasn’t been locked out for that long of a time. I can’t imagine what the offense must have been unless it got personal in some manor. Anyway I miss seeing him on here!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:42 AM   #18
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I also have seen a few members locked out since I first joined this forum. A couple of times people asked for an explanation but I don't recall ever getting an explanation. If it were me locking someone out, I sure wouldn't want to open a can of worms by getting in a discussion on the forum. I think the administrators have been very fair and sometimes maybe too lenient. And maybe not enough on other times. But I think overall they've done a great job of keeping this a good place to be.

The few times I've been contacted by an administrator about something I posted, I think they were right and I either deleted my post or changed it. Well, a couple of times I thought they were being a bit picky but generally they were fair and nice about it. Had I gone belligerent in our email discussions about my posts, though, then they would have every right to lock me out.

Whatever happened to Brad to get him locked out is something we'll probably never know. But they don't lock very many so he must have done or said something not nice. I guess. As always, just my opinion.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:45 AM   #19
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Ditto what Steve just said, couldn't agree more, and hats off again to the admins for the fantastic job you do everyday keeping us ALL in line. Nice to be a part of this particular forum where the rules are enforced!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #20
ehmcfarl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8206
Just so I don't do anything to get locked out, what are the rules? I mean I don't want to do anything that is not allowed on our forum; but, I just don't know what not to do. Would an admin mind just going over the rules for us all so we all understand? It may be that I am the only one that doesn't know the rules, if so, please just overlook my ignorance. Thanks.
ehmcfarl is offline   Reply With Quote