Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
Maxxair Turbo Fan

Mounted a Maxxair turbo fan in the vent in the bedroom. It will pull air in or blow air out.
Tomorrow installing two Maxxair II vent covers and the other 4 sensors for my new TPMS.
Bought the Truck System Technologies system.

swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:49 AM   #2
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Let us know what you think of the Maxxair fan in terms of quietness and effectiveness. I am trying to make a fan decision and would like your opinion on that one.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
I can say it works as advertised. Mine has 3 speeds and can pull air in or pull air out. In my other 5ver I had it in the kitchen. Worked really well and I'll say quiet on low and medium settings. high was quiet a bit louder, but used during the day with all the other stuff going on, not bad. We really liked it. That's why i put it in the monty. it's over the bed so at night on low it will be awesome. I did learn one thing, use the pull air in setting to your benefit. A little sun on the roof can generate a lot of heat. I would pull the warm air in off the roof. The fan work in the rain with no problems. The hardest part of the install is fishing wires to a 12v light or switch. Other than that very easy.
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #4
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Pete Hanson - Kerry put a Surflo fan in the Big Sky and it is so quiet you don't even know it's on. It uses a remote and is very effective. It has two speeds, and exhaust and intake. We love it. Thanks, Kerry.

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
Thanks for the input guys.....nothing like info from people who have experience with different products.
Pete
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I have the Fantastic fan in the kitchen and a Shurflo in the bedroom, where the regular vent was and I can say the Shurflo is the quieter of the two.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
whiptail
Established Member

M.O.C. #7521
We put in a Maxxair fan over the bed because when we left the trailer if were on the coast we would be concerned about rain. Also at night. During the day we pull air in the front and push it out in the rear.
whiptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:04 PM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I have the Fantastic Fan over the kitchen. When it's on, I check outside for low flying airplanes, nope it's the fan. We do not run it at dark, it's too loud. I keep wanting to put a MAxx Air on it, but that will probably make it louder. I'll probably do it anyway because if it's raining it can improve air flow during the day and the MAXX air will keep the rain out.

I have not noticed Shurflo (the water pump company) built fans but it makes sense. I guess if the Fantastic Fan ever goes kaput, I will swap it for a Shurflo. I can also still use the Maxx air vent cover (without the fan) since the Shurflo or Fantastic Fan provide the fan.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:37 AM   #9
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Our three Fantastic Fans, when all running at the same time, do not seem to make that much noise. Sure are quieter combined than the old fan that was in the toilet room.

Orv

On edit, I like the Fantastic Vent Co. because they lifetime warranty their products. You can get replacements any time you need them.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:47 AM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Have the Maxxair fan in the back of Tana 3295. LOVE IT!!

Had Fantastic fan in the prior unit, probably about a 1990 version of fan, many technology changes, I am sure. Fan was in kitchen area, and I could only run it for a few minutes before the noise started to make me even more cranky than I normally am!

Told Al, NOT having one in the new Tana, as it would be in my kitchen area.

The motor on the Maxxair is outside the unit, and back a bit, even on high speed it is much quieter. Speed 2 works quite well, and the noise level is reduced enough that it does not send ole cranky to orbit!

We did install a Fantastic fan in the bath area of Tana, which we run during and after showers to disperse moisture, it works great, crank it open, crank it shut, but, it is noisier than the Maxxair.

All observations due to my ears and my tolerances! (LOL)
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:50 AM   #11
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We put the MaxxAir in the bathroom area to vent the shower steam etc. Pull in cool air at night and exhaust in the daytime.
Works great.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote