Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
sixkids

M.O.C. #8106
Bedroom TV

I have tried everything I know but cannot get the bedroom tv to work. Everything seems to be in order but still know picture. Any ideas for something i have not tried would be appreciated.
"HELP"

sixkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Check the coax cable connecting the TV to your main system. These OEM cables leave a lot to be desired in the quality arena.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
It would help knowing the model number and year of your rig (a suggestion is to edit your profile and have them in your signature line). Some older models had a short piece of jumper cable in the living room entertainment center that had to be connected to complete the circuit to the bedroom. Newer models have jumpers in the convenience center that must be in place for a single cable feed. Need more info to fully address your question.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Is the TV even turning on? Old or new? If powered up, and no picture, coax feed would be the first thing I would check.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
After looking at your profile, I see you have a 3400 (same as our old rig) and have had it a while based on your join date for the forum. After this, I assume you already know about the jumper in the entertainment center and that the antenna booster has to be off to receive cable, so it now sounds like it is a problem with the coax run from the entertainment center to the bedroom. IS it both air and cable that are not working or just cable? The OEM cables are very prone to having problems with the connections so that is where I would start by inspecting the end at the bedroom tv and the connector in the entertainment center. If you have a spare length of coax you can directly hook the tv up to the jumper cable in the entertainment center to make sure you have a signal in place. If that works, it is definitely in the coax cable between the two locations, and I would venture to say that an end has become disconnected at one or the other. If the bedroom tv is still the original tube type on the swing out platform, double check the connection behind that tv since it is subject to a lot of bending and flexing. Keep us informed.
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Also make sure the TV is setup in the right mode (configured correctly). Check the TV/Cable setting or channel and if the TV has several inputs that the correct input is enabled AND set up correctly.

And I'm only talking glass tube TVs. If you have a flat screen (LCD, LED, Plasma, etc.) then there can be many other possibilities.

You don't mention what type of TV you are trying to watch which would have a bearing on what you can see and how to set it up. For example, over the air, cable or satellite, what the other TV is seeing and how these connections are set up.

Doesn't over-the-air also require some kind of converter in order for it to be seen on your TV?

It's amazing what the possibilities could be.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote