Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2017, 07:06 PM   #61
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Correct ~~ where I lived in OH there were a couple GM plants and GM was most popular. They did well at resale as well. I moved 2 hours away and you could not give a Dodge away and GM resale was at auction prices while Ford was high! Location means a lot.

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:40 PM   #62
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
I am surprised that anyone would have trouble getting rid of the Ram with the Cummins diesel and 4x4. I was a loyal Ford fan but when it came time to go diesel 1 ton I went for the Ram to get the Cummins. Ram also seems to be more 5th wheel friendly to me. At least here in the South it seems like there are 3 Rams to every other brand in the campgrounds but only when it comes to 1 ton duallys. The gas burners seem to lean strongly Ford (I used to be one of them) and absolutely do if you drop down to 1/2 tons. Dodge diesel duallys have great resale but you can't give away one of their gas burning 1/2 tons in this area...Maybe your right it depends on the area you are in?
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 05:34 PM   #63
hrlyrdr
Established Member

M.O.C. #20110
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazboy View Post
getting off the question, but why would you trade in you '11 anyway? the one ton is basically the same configuration of what you have now.
just keep the '11. when you go fulltime get a one ton.
Would only TRADE to get a dually so I would feel a little more at ease going down the road. As for full time. I have a nice house on 45 acres so I really don't think I am interested in full time any time soon.
hrlyrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:08 PM   #64
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
I here ya hrlyrdr, I traded my 11 SRW for a 14 DWR for the stability also (would not go back now). I also kind of live on vacation at home, but only on 5 acres LOL. Although I am surrounded by 5- 600 acres of woods and farm land.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:12 AM   #65
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We had no problem selling our 2005 F -350 V-10 2 wheel drive. It sold the 3rd day it was on the market for a fair price.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote