Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2018, 07:59 AM   #1
LigonierMontana
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20630
Kitchen Slide out on my 3791RD 2018 Montana Legacy

For some reason the kitchen slide is having a problem opening. It appears to stick at the top of the slide. Trailer is level, nothing is on top, I checked inside and out, (it has a slide cover) but when it starts to open the bottoms comes out first and then stops coming out. Top is still partially closed so there is an angle from top to bottom because the bottom wants to come out top doesn't.
Anyone have this problem, or know how to fix it.
Lynn
LigonierMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:22 AM   #2
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
I had a similar problem except the right side was moving faster than the left side causing a stoppage. I called Lippert Customer Service, they diagnosed the likely cause. Solution was to adjust the slide which I did following the instructions in the Lippert manual, which has good info on the procedure, carefully marking all adjustment points at the start. Hopefully that is all that is required in your situation. Recommend you talk with Lippert Customer Service. Have had great luck with them. They knew what was wrong and talked me thru the necessary adjustments. Took me an hour being extremely careful, a competent tech probably could have done it in 10 minutes. Since you have a 2018 and new, if you are close to your dealer maybe they will address for you under warranty. I have read many dealers will not do slide adjustments under warranty once you have put usage on the fiver, citing owner maintenance responsibility.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:54 PM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
The angle that you are seeing in the slides is supposed to be that way. The design keeps the slides from leaning out during turns, otherwise, you would see the slides coming out at the top when on a turn. Older rigs used rods or whatever they were called that you would have to wedge in at the top of the slides inside after they were pulled in, but this is not possible with the many slides making it impossible to access the slides once they are all pulled in.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:57 AM   #4
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
The angle that you are seeing in the slides is supposed to be that way. The design keeps the slides from leaning out during turns, otherwise, you would see the slides coming out at the top when on a turn. Older rigs used rods or whatever they were called that you would have to wedge in at the top of the slides inside after they were pulled in, but this is not possible with the many slides making it impossible to access the slides once they are all pulled in.
X2 on the angle explanation. He is saying the top is not fully extending when he tries to open. New thought, wonder if a partially jammed topper could be a factor?
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:05 AM   #5
LigonierMontana
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20630
Actually the top only comes out about 1 foot max and sticks. The table side will go the entire way out leaving the stove side 2 foot out on the bottom and 1 foot or less on the top. This keeps the slide from opening all the way. It get stuck at that point.
LigonierMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:01 PM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I would check the slide topper for sure.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote