Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 05:14 PM   #81
mbjam359
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20338
Anderson

I am perfectly happy with my B&W. I have seen the Anderson hitches but don't get the real advantage of having one. I wouldn't purchase one.

Old 11-18-2019, 05:21 PM   #82
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I don’t think we should separate his personal actions from his business. If you do you condone his actions and encourage him or someone else to do something similar. How long do you think I would be in business if I advocated strict for strict gun control? I know the answer to that. My customers would drop me like a hot potato. Exactly what they should do and what I would do to him.

If I had one of these hitches I would give it to anyone who could find its grave.
Lynwood
Old 11-18-2019, 05:58 PM   #83
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
The difference is that he's not advocating or lobbying for tighter RV regs or higher tariffs or more difficult licensing requirements. He's not pushing for things that will hurt his own industry. He just an idiot who did something stupid for which he should be punished...certainly more than he was.

That doesn't change the fact that his company, with all of his blue collar employees who are putting in a good day's work so they can earn a living, puts out a good product that is beneficial to this industry. I didn't buy my hitch because the company is great or because the CEO is a stand up guy. I bought it because it works and make my drive smother, hookups easier, and install/removal easier on my back. I own one because it helps me.

I can separate the issues. The guy should be horse whipped and caned. But his workers make a nice hitch. It's just business. If he were a political leader, or a religious leader, then to me his character and actions should impact his role and he should possibly be removed from leadership. Does his company have a board of directors? Perhaps there are other consequences that we don't know about.

If we stopped buying products from companies whose CEO's or owners did something stupid, immoral, or even illegal then there would likely be very few items you could actually buy.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:25 PM   #84
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
Couldn't agree more with what jsb5717 said. Willing to bet everyone here has done something in the past that they are ashamed of.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:25 PM   #85
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
What he said
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Old 11-18-2019, 06:45 PM   #86
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
The idiot makes camping equipment and defaces a national monument. then gets off as lightly as that.

At very least he should have been made to clean it up. Instead of paying someone else to clean it up. Taking up his time would have "cost" him more.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
Old 11-18-2019, 07:32 PM   #87
mbjam359
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20338
My comment was not as clear as I intended. I wouldn't buy one because of what he did but because I don't see any advantage to his hitch.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:00 PM   #88
packnrat
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21805
i will never buy any of his products. and will advise others not to.
he proved complete comtmpet for our nation. and had taught his kids how to do the same including how to avoid penalties by sending them off to change the plates on there truck ( who other than a crook has “spare” plates for there truck?).
Old 11-19-2019, 05:52 AM   #89
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
I'll stand with Lynwood and Jeff.

First of all I'm an American first and a vet second so have something in this. I grew up with the morning Pledge, sang America the Beautiful as well as the national anthem. This guy, Ryan Andersen has the audacity to deface one of our beautiful national treasures then pays a paltry few bucks that probably is a part of his walk aroud pocket change.

Will I buy a product that says Andersen Hitches on it? Not a chance will I 'donate' whatever little of that which might go into his pay. Our 5er doesn't have self leveling - so instead of carrying half a tree around this year, I bought a set of drive on levelers. Yes, there is an alternative to those fragile Andersen's, called Beech Lane - and they are super strong.

Andersen's employees - teah, they could suffer if others like me stood the line. That's an unfortunate fact of labor anywhere in the world, having been 'downsized' more then once by economics. It hurts but not for long if you have marketable skills, labor and management.

I like my 140 pound B&W hitch. I have zero problem installing that two piece (70 lbs each) or removing it at my late 70s age. That hitch has given me zero problems and I'm not afraid of an way off camber moves or an emergency stop that has failed more then several Andersens.

Like your Andersen? Great! Your choice. You wont ever see one in my truck.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Old 11-19-2019, 07:23 AM   #90
powerhaulic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20884
No i wouldn't buy an Anderson hitch, I believe the PullRite is superior. also the single point hitch will rotate on the ball.
I do use and like the JackBlocks they sell.
Lippert AirRide pinbox / PullRite SuperLight hitch
Old 11-19-2019, 07:51 AM   #91
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
He defaced OUR national park. Not his OURS. Then just walked away. The very least HE could do was go back and make it right. I would never buy one of his products if he cares so little for our National Parks how much does he care for the quality of his products.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:47 AM   #92
Creeker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23094
This is the first I've heard of this. I was actually thinking of going with the Anderson as a replacement for our well worn 12 year old Drawtite slider. Not a chance in Hades now.

Our National Parks and Forests along with State Parks are the reason we do this thing. No way will this guy get a single Penny from me.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:07 AM   #93
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
He hasn’t paid his debt. Fined a $1000 dollars that isn’t even pocket money. It’s like a penny you find on the sidewalk. Put him in jail for 6 months.
Lynwood
Old 11-19-2019, 11:24 AM   #94
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Childish rants? Defacing our national parks shows the character of the person. I'm with Lynwood and others that think he got off way too light for his crimes. Evidently, I hold the value of our national parks to a much higher level than the member that commented "childish rants".
Old 11-20-2019, 06:29 AM   #95
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
must be special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
Couldn't agree more with what jsb5717 said. Willing to bet everyone here has done something in the past that they are ashamed of.
This is something all the Captain America`s on this post won`t admit to. Lord knows I was no angle at one point in my life.
Bad boy, paid restitution rubbed out initials with a piece of sand stone end of story, love my Andersen. Lets get back to the rope light problem that`s more fun.

This guy should be banned from campgrounds,,,NOT!!!.
Attached Images

F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
Old 11-20-2019, 07:31 AM   #96
Last2Die
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22986
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
This is something all the Captain America`s on this post won`t admit to. Lord knows I was no angle at one point in my life.
Bad boy, paid restitution rubbed out initials with a piece of sand stone end of story, love my Andersen. Lets get back to the rope light problem that`s more fun.

This guy should be banned from campgrounds,,,NOT!!!.
thats funny, my wife wants lights like that !! LOL
2018 3920fb 2020 GMC Denali 3500 4x4 Duramax, 10 speed Allison. LB SRW, Firestone air bags with Airlift wireless onboard compressor. Anderson Ultimate Hitch. MX4 folding cover. 50gal titan in bed transfer tank. Onan 6500 lp genset installed by me ! Had: 2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Old 12-03-2019, 07:57 AM   #97
packnrat
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21805
after reading all in this thread.
some things were not posted.
first, his daughter was also grinding away at the arch putting her name there.
also. he had sent one of his sons to change the plates on the truck??
---who carries a spare (different numbers) set of lp for there truck??---
it sounds more like he has done this before and his name will be found defacing other places.
his other son was harassing the people there who complained.

this fool, has taught his children to break the laws of this Nation. and not care. just like any lowlife street thug.

ok you buy from his company, but i am in the majority and will not let him have any of my moneys.

sad but in 10 years none of this will be remembered. and life goes on.

to me and others the name

Mr Anderson is a insult.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:30 AM   #98
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjam359 View Post
My comment was not as clear as I intended. I wouldn't buy one because of what he did but because I don't see any advantage to his hitch.
Wait till you can`t get uncoupled cause your on uneven ground and your hitch is in a bind. After watching the guy next to me pull in out my kitchen window while eating breakfast, start hollering at his wife for a half an hour to shake the truck back in forth while he was pulling on the release handle of his BW hitch. I finally went out an very very very nicely told him to just drive out the 4 pins holding the hitch to the rails and reconnect at his convenience, didn`t have a hammer, gave him mine, later that night he came over and returned the hammer and gave me a half pint of Jack Daniels. ( I mean who doesn`t like Jack Daniels) Saw this 2 trips ago down south, very entertaining. Yep, love my Andersen.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
Old 12-03-2019, 09:00 AM   #99
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
Wait till you can`t get uncoupled cause your on uneven ground and your hitch is in a bind. After watching the guy next to me pull in out my kitchen window while eating breakfast, start hollering at his wife for a half an hour to shake the truck back in forth while he was pulling on the release handle of his BW hitch. I finally went out an very very very nicely told him to just drive out the 4 pins holding the hitch to the rails and reconnect at his convenience, didn`t have a hammer, gave him mine, later that night he came over and returned the hammer and gave me a half pint of Jack Daniels. ( I mean who doesn`t like Jack Daniels) Saw this 2 trips ago down south, very entertaining. Yep, love my Andersen.

Balony !!
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Old 12-03-2019, 10:12 AM   #100
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by packnrat View Post
after reading all in this thread.
some things were not posted.
first, his daughter was also grinding away at the arch putting her name there.
also. he had sent one of his sons to change the plates on the truck??
---who carries a spare (different numbers) set of lp for there truck??---
it sounds more like he has done this before and his name will be found defacing other places.
his other son was harassing the people there who complained.

this fool, has taught his children to break the laws of this Nation. and not care. just like any lowlife street thug.

ok you buy from his company, but i am in the majority and will not let him have any of my moneys.

sad but in 10 years none of this will be remembered. and life goes on.

to me and others the name

Mr Anderson is a insult.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Lynwood
Closed Thread