Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #21
chipc
Established Member

M.O.C. #10517
I like yr process and planning to do the same...and wanted to make sure I did not omit a dealer that the MOC folks had good luck with...Thanks and I will following up as needed!
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Chip, our 3400RL will be four years old in August. Before we bought our prior Montana I took the options list and wrote down every option we wanted. I then did the equivalent of googling and located a bunch of Montana dealers online. I emailed my list to each, describing exactly what we wanted and what we had to trade. I also told them I'm emailing several dealers and will consider the best offers. I got quite an array of prices.
Good luck. Don't hesitate to ask your questions here.

chipc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Chip, we bought from Naylor RV's in Kansas City, MO. They now have moved (and are still our dealer) and are Lifestyle RVs ( www.lifestylervs.com ) in Grain Valley, MO (just east of KC). I can't guarantee they'll give you a better price than anyone else but they'd be worth a check. We are very, very pleased with the dealership, especially their service department. Jim, the Service Manager, is superb and as honest as they come. Several times he could have done service I assumed was needed and charged me accordingly. Instead he showed me it wasn't needed. Our salesman was very good. Pete Peterson.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We did very much the same thing as Steve R did in that we set specifications out to several dealers in various parts of the country. We purchased from
http://www.townandcountryrvcenter.com/ in Clyde, Ohio. A family owned dealership. Other MOC'ers have purchased there. We do recommend that you send out specifications to dealers to get a feel for the best price. Also attend the RV shows. It will not hurt to mention that you are working with the Montana Owners Group.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:58 AM   #24
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Chip,
Another note. We looked at 5th wheels for a year before deciding on the 3400. There were many brands that caught our eye but we kept coming back to the 3400. We have had our rig for three years and have been very happy with it. Good luck on your decision.
George
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:11 AM   #25
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Chip, lots of good comments from all. My two bits....we chose the 3400 because of the floor plan, kitchen layout, the four slides, among other items. We have the 2007. We loved the 340RL Big Sky, but being weekenders we couldn't justify the almost $20K plus extra for the "Sky" model. We have had no real problems with ours. Love the fireplace and use it to heat with. As I mentioned, the four slides make a huge difference. We have had no problems with stability. I tow with a GMC 3500 SINGLE rear tire w/the Duramax and Allison combo. I have had no problems with that combo.
Regarding dealers, we have delt with Curtis Trailers here in Portland, at the branch in Hillsboro. Been in business since 1948. Wonderful service people, great salesperson. Prices are competetive too. We deal with Dean Williams.
If we were to do it all over again, it would be the 3400, OR if I win the lottery, the 340RL Big Sky.
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote