Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2002, 12:58 AM   #1
Montana_44

M.O.C. #44
hey howdy.....

hey y'all, thanks to all for getting this up and running, i guess samantha is one? i'm not sure of any of the rest of y'all, forgive us, we're not here all the time and it's hard to keep up with things like that, but thank y'all non the less!!
by way of introduction, i'm gary and the woman i love (otherwise known as spousal unit when i'm babbling here...) is sybil. we are both 51; we were born two days apart - i always knew i'ld marry a younger woman...
we got married, late in life, by running away a few years ago (we forget when...) to a mountain top near crater lake in oregon on the day between our birthdays........a collective awwwww.
we both spent the majority of our adult lives in horticulture - sybil as owner of a garden center, and me as a manager/builder of nurseries of one type or another. we 'retired' recently into our own little business that we call sunrise to sunset gardens where we grow specialty cut flowers.
we bought anna montana about 2 weeks ago after an agonizing 2 year process.....can any or y'all relate?? we set out last year to get a popup, got interrupted in the process with the growing season, started back up with it this spring only to realize that popups now cost almost as much as a small hard-shell camper......sigh......
quickly went from tt to a 5er and then, thanks to those of y'all and many others at rv.net, we went way fast thru the learning curve until we decided on our anna.
.......tadaaaaaa....... what did i leave out??
oh yeah, we've got two lost and found mutts that are our running mates, bug and pickle. that's another story.....take care, good to be here, look forward to much more learning together and maybe us gettin' to meet some of you guys someday.
by the way, we recently (sept.) went to wisconsin and michigan for a flower grower conference and we took three days extra to just drive around all up there and look at campgrounds for future reference. we saw 3-4 montanas on the road and in campgrounds for every one of any other brand.......we think that had a lot to do with our decision. that, and that the montana, 2955rl, for us, provided us with the fewest number of compromises.
one more by the way....we're really very new to all this and so i feel like an egg when it comes time to provide THE ANSWER....so i'm likely going to be a lurker here for a bit. forgive that, please, i'm a believer in listening and learning rather than jumping out there with my ignorance. i will, however, be more than happy to offer what i can when i can; it's just that right now......that has more to do with plants and flowers than an rv.......snicker......did i mention we grow great cut flowers?? peace, gary

gary and sybil calder
sunrise to sunset gardens
bug and pickle, running mates
2955rl anna montana
2000f250
'life...what is it but a dream...'

Montana_44 is offline   Reply With Quote