Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Transition trauma!

When we went to China in 2005, we sold everything. We knew that when we came back, we would be full time RVing. I have the Big Sky the way I want it with upgrades, etc. But now all changes. We spent yesterday looking at furniture. What culture shock! I don't want to be there. I have all I need in the Montana.

Buying the big stuff is bad enough, the little stuff (trash cans, gas cans, etc., etc.) is like being nibbled to death by a duck. Can't take my TV or my sound system or my fireplace or my convection/microwave. Is there sound if you scream in the woods?

We have a sales contract and should close on or about August 9. It is a nice little house with easy access should one of us be confined to a wheelchair. Dianna is delighted. It has a well designed kitchen which is never true in an RV.

I will have two cursed acres to mow. Another outlay for a riding more. Grrrr. Leona is a nice little town of about 200. It is about half way between Houston and Dallas just off I45. Folks are friendly and the church is active. It is 15 miles to Madisonville for decent shopping and 42 miles to Bryan/College Station for good shopping.

Philosophically, I find it difficult to end the nomadic, free as the wind, lifestyle and re-establish geographic anchors. Waters can become sooooo rough that anchors are the only reasonable way. So be it. I will find a way to enjoy the damn grass, being grateful for what I have had and grateful of God's supply now.
Advice: run headlong for your dreams......while you can.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Well stated Stiles, continue the blessing given and looking forward onto another stage of your lives.
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Stiles,
We all know that the RV lifestile will end for all of us eventually. You achieved what most of us hope to do while we still can. you are an inspiration. Please stay in contact and we hope that this next path you are taking will be as rewarding as the one that you are leaving.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Advice: run headlong for your dreams......while you can.
Like a Friend told me "Enjoy it a little as you go along"
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
jwedell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6436
Just remember you both have done things most people only dream of. As for the grass buy a goat instead of a dog. And most of all enjoy each other.
jwedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
Grass cutting is cheap. Pay someone to do it. $50/month gets my Florida grass cut and bushes trimmed while we are in Illinois.
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
If you get 5 or more goats you get a break on your taxes as you are classified as agricultural. It is too bad you can't keep your rig and join the Texas Boomers camping group, a lot of good folks. We have a good time going to a camp ground in Texas usually once a month. We don't do a whole lot other then eat, drink and BS. Mostly retired folks and a limited supply of kids. It has been stated we are a camping club with a eating problem.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
Nicely said. Very touching and makes one appreciate every day on this side of the dirt.
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Good luck to you two. If you are ever down Texas City way, give a holler and if we are around I'll buy the coffee.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Take your time buying things. We have been in our house for 1 yr now and we did store furniture at the kids. We had no living room furniture, so we took the recliners from the monty and some camp chairs and they worked just fine until we found a good sale and what we wanted. We still get hitch itch every now and then, but it passes... Have fun setting up your new household and enjoy what you can. We still haven't sold the Monty and truck, but we keep trying. God bless.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #11
cjohnson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11148
Welcome back to Texas. The good thing about Leona is the little Steak house there or the all you can eat Fried Catfish on Fridays nights. Good luck with your recollecting all the do-dads for a stick and brick.
cjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:59 AM   #12
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
This brings tears to my eyes. Know you are treasured on the MOC and will always have a rolling home here.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #13
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Running headlong into my dreams explains the bumps and divots in my head. Hang in there Stiles. The anguish for this change shall pass, then they become fond (or scary) memories.

Since the MOC allows for some SOB members I don't see why an SOB can't include a stickhouse somewhere. I for one, will still look forward to your posts.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #14
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Get one of the zero turn mowers, grass cutting is fast and fun. Good luck on the next chapter in your life.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:38 AM   #15
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
We wish you the very best!!! We are all too well aware that life brings many changes and not all are our choice. Best of luck in your next adventure!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote