Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HOBBY CENTRAL > Geocaching
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Mr. Potato Head and his trip to the Desert

Always thinking about unique hides, it seems people are hung up (mostly) with Tupperware and it's ilk. I was thinking of the old days as a kid and Mr. Potato head, sticking the ears and such onto the potato, well, while in the desert looking at rocks, I found this 'head' and knew what i would do with it.
I even had a place for a Nano. I jammed a washer in the hole and the magnetic container fit right in it, just below the right ear
I knew where it would rest, we had been there once before, the end of a BLM road..well path would be a better name, it winds around Saddle Mountain through washes and between cactus plants. I carried him up the mountain as far as I could before I ran out of steam, Sue and a friend hauling up the feet and legs.
The white container under him, holds the standard info sheet on Geocaching, "Please leave me here..."
Rest in peace, Mr. Potato head.

The nitty-gritty of the saga:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Jimsue1...eat=directlink

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:16 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
How cool! Without giving away too much (this is for geocaching after all), where is this and what GPS are you using? Where did you post Mr. Potato Head's location?

Thanks for the cactus pictures for reminding me to bring my heavy duty hiking boots.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:32 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Art, it is at Saddle Mountain around Tonopah Arizona. I am using a Garmin Oregon 550. I entered the info on Groundspeak, Geocaching.com, but it won't post for a few days.
Bring a couple bottles of water, the hike is not an easy one. I just can't imagine being out there in 120 degrees...
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote