Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Long Timers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Long Timer?

Exactly what is a long timer anyhooo,We ain't full timers cause we still have the stick house but the Monty hasn't been closed up more'n two weeks since we had her. Mostly in Texas and Louisiana.

Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:30 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well if you spend that much time in your Monty and are not a full timer than you must be a Longtimer
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:43 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This topic was started for all of us folks who are not full timers, that is we have a stick home somewhere and we return to it every once in awhile. I know there are many different definitons as to what a full timer is but in my mind it is folks who live in their RV 365 days a year,,the Rv is home.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #4
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
I think the term Long timer means anyone who uses it more than just for vacations and weekends. I guess it is up to the individual to define it for himself. We are not really long timers yet but are planning to be in a couple of years. Then we will head south for the winter. So, I guess we are Long timer want-to-be's.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #5
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
we probably were, but now back to vacation only again....for now anyway. We will be in it for Christmas this year!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:49 AM   #6
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
As long timers we spend more time in our RV (9 months a year) than in our summer vacation home. Sold the big house (main residence) when we retired and downsized to the vacation house and the Monty. Kept the summer house to store sentimental photos, etc.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #7
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
I suggested this area because Longtimers have some issues that Fulltimers don't. Belive me different strokes for different folks!

In about 24 months we will both be retired and will do LOTS of traveling. First trip will be ajourney to Alaska leaving in April and returing in September. That's a long time. But most of us will have a stick home to come back to.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There are many differences between long timers and full timers. As long timers we have chosen to keep our stick house and have to deal with all the issues that go along with that. In our case long timing means at least 3 1/2 months wintering and at least another 3 1/2 months "on the road" We do have a FCRV campvention in Colorado the 4th of July week. We will leave Ohio and head that way the first week of June... We have no schedule and no particular plans..we make it up as we go along. We like the idea of "going home" We like our 3/4 acres, we like Ohio , execpt for Dec, Jan and Feb.we have many friends and family and it is nice to be with them....and most of all we like to come and go as we please. We thought long and hard about full timing and decided it is not the lifestyle we chose..at least for now.....
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:54 AM   #9
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
I guess since we spend almost as much time in the Montana as we do in our stick house we can consider ourselves to fit in this catagory also.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:14 AM   #10
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
We consider ourselves longtimers: We sold our townhome in November 06, have been living in the Monty since then. We both retire in 35 days and will continue to live in the rig until about Oct 07 when the new home in Prescott AZ should be ready. While we love living in our Montana (counseling has helped a lot!!), we'll also be glad to start nesting in the new home in AZ. In retirement we plan to spend lots of time traveling in our rig as well.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:46 AM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We're definitely longtimers who decided not to become fulltimers but came very close to making that decision. When we realized how much stuff we had with sentimental attachments, we decided to long time it. For us that is ten months on the road this year.

I think the status of your stick house often effects your decision on fulltiming. In our case, we have a house that we had built to our retirement specifications just five years ago and didn't want to part with it. If you're in a position to sell your house anyway, it makes the fulltime decision easier.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote