Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 12-08-2006, 04:15 AM   #41
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yea, It's hard for us retired poo peeps to keep up with you high rollers....Dang, a MONTH?
I just know if I were to go to Maui, I would not come back, no way. It would just spoil a guy. I would be hustling baggage at some hotel just to be able to stay on the island.
Enjoy, and take pictures for us to enjoy.
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:43 AM   #42
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Rich,

WOW, sorry to hear bout the slide toppers and the slides not coming in and out right.

We have not had any trouble with snow or ice sliding right off those toppers, wonder if they changed the angle??? Honestly, on our unit the snow just rolls right off, and so does ice.

Have you replaced that breaker everyone talks about?? Ours will pop in the really cold weather when we are bringing the slides in. Wait a moment or two and push the button again and they usually come in all the way. If my ole memory serves, Al has not yet replaced that breaker.

We have put the slides in and out at temps well below what you have right now, with no more than the breaker problem. We have had at least 6 inches of snow up there and it just rolled off. Made a pile on the drive, but rolled off. One year we left here at 4 below, first stop in Illinois it was still only 17 degrees, the TV antenna was frozen to the roof still, but NO problems with the slides other than previously mentioned.

Well, if your weather is like ours, tomorrow and Sunday, near 40 degrees! That will help ya out.

I agree getting out of Dodge around November 1st would be wonderful, but don't see that happening for us yet for a few more years.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:46 AM   #43
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have the spare larger breaker but have not installed it. At least the breakers worked. This is today

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:52 AM   #44
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Rich, Look on the bright side. You are about to escape Northern Ohio. We are stuck here for another two winters, unless we win the lottery.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:10 AM   #45
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz, you are sure missing out on some good Kansas weather. I just came in the house to warm up. Been out in the barn laying on my back in 15 degree weather doing a mod to the Montana. As you know those mod's have to keep going. Thank GOD for barn cats because they make good hand warmers. They are probly saying to each other " what is wrong with that guy he has never held us so much"
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:44 AM   #46
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Rich, we had more than that one year when we were packing up. Had well over 12 inches ON the roof, when we started, some melted away to about 4 inches by the time we were ready to pull out of the drive.

Talking to Al bout this, he reminded me that we do not hold our finger on the button for the slides and just keep on rolling. Instead we bring them in a little, let the ice/snow/rain roll off, then we come in a little more, and let some more run/fall off.

I hope that in about 18 days, that I am not looking like you are right now. SIGHHHHHHHH

Gotta say, we had LOTS MORE trouble getting Big Butt hooked up when there was ice on the drive. Ever witnessed what happens to rugs when laid on ice and those 4 tires hit em??? Let me tell you, they sure can fly!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:58 AM   #47
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
My water lines froze to the toilet, bathroom sink and shower last night. Had to run a heater in the belly to unfreeze. I had the furnace on all night set at 60 degrees. Artic package was no help. The temp. was at 12 degrees last night. supposed to be colder tonight. I have just gotten the water back flowing, next year you will not catch me here. This is no fun. Thank goodness I have no leaks.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:37 AM   #48
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Relocating is the best solution, David, and I'm guessing that your furnace on 60 is too low to fight off a temp of 12'. MHO
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:33 PM   #49
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Carol//good advise about pulling the slides in and out..We are learning..The temp should be up tomorrow and we will attempt to pull the slides out. The seals were so stiff I thought we might damage them.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #50
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Ozz, you might as well have stayed here in Tucson with us. 60s during the day, and 30s at night. Wind, wind and more wind........you might want to put pontoons on that Tana and head for the Carib...

bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:20 PM   #51
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We don't have the ice and snow here in North Georgia, but the temperature in Atlanta last night was colder than any we had last winter at 19°and even colder at 16° up here in the foothills. The highs today were only in the upper 30s. We usually don't see these low temps until January. I hope this is not shaping up to be a really COLD winter. Tonight we may see 13° or so. Hopefully, we'll get back to our normal day time highs in the 50s and 60s soon. I guess cold is relative when I see what you folks in the north are experiencing, but this is too cold for a Georgia Boy.

If we can ever sell the stick house, I going to be joining Glenn in sunny Florida!!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:09 AM   #52
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Made through the night, no freeze-ups. Temps. are going up today. Maybe I will make it. I have reservations in Fl. New Years Eve. You can bet I will be there. You might know the year we decided to stay here till after Christmas was the year we have record low temps. The North Ga. Mtns. are pretty, but pretty cold.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:02 AM   #53
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bob, after my whining fit, the weatherman must have heard me, it's been really warm at the mid-day, on went the shorts, no wind, no clouds. It does dip into the high 40's at night. haven't run the propane furnace until I get up, then only for 5 minutes, the fireplace and a small heater takes the chill off, it's 8:00 A.M. now, the Sun is shining in, off goes the heaters. How's your mom doing?
Ozz
Old 12-09-2006, 06:50 AM   #54
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It warmed up some this AM and we got the slides open..took about 5 herky jerky mins..now we can continue to pack the Montana. We are looking good..
Old 12-09-2006, 07:21 AM   #55
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Good news, Rich. Maybe you can get out of that cold soon.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:45 PM   #56
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Ozz, Mom is doing better every day. So it looks like we will be off to Alabama at the end of the month. Will start heading in that direction around the 27th of Dec.. Will spend new Year's i n Fredericksburg, Tx and New year's eve in Luckenbach.

bob
Old 12-09-2006, 03:25 PM   #57
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Drive safe, buddy.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:14 AM   #58
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are looking good..We will be out of here Tuesday AM.We are taking the SW route from here.Columbus, Indy, St Louis, OKC, etc. We have reason to take that route and the weather looks good for the rest of next week.Depending on weather we will make a few stops along the way. should be in Havasu City no later than the 20/21st. Ozz are you still there? Snafu express we have your C.G...will get in touch...
Old 12-10-2006, 04:56 AM   #59
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yepper! Just talked with Michael-Snfexpress last night, he's going to Vegas for some Christmas shopping as per instructions from Kathy, today. We will meet for lunch tomorrow, or Tuesday. Simonsrf, (Robbie) should be back from Texas soon, we will all get together and howl at the moon.....
Are you swinging to K.C. from St. Louis, then down I-35 through Oklahoma? let us know your planned route and we may offer some tips. Don't forget your shorts!!
See ya!
Ozz
Old 12-10-2006, 07:53 AM   #60
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Rich and Helen, have a safe trip out to sunny Arizona.

barb and bob