Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2006, 02:11 PM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Rich(richfaa) & Helen Write the Check.

Well we did the final PDI today. We did a 5 hour pre-PDI Friday April 28 and the 4 hour official PDI today.Find below a comprehensive and detailed list of both major and minor problems found during these PDI's.

None, Nothing, Zero, Zip, Nada..

Figured I had them on the flashlight but no they found it did not work before we got there and replaced it with a different brand.I a major critic of Poor workmanship and poor quality control am speechless..Well not quite.. a E mail with my congratulations for a job well done has been forwarded to the Montana plant manager and the quality control manager by Mark Krol, District sales manager..Credit is given where credit is due. It is in the driveway open for neighborhood inspection.Helen backed it in with hardly any trouble. The Mor-Ryde suspension and Mor-Ryde hitch pin make the 3400 a dream to drive.That big ole F-350 Dually rides like a Caddy with the 3400 in the bed and the V-10 is more than enough. Was not on cruse control and found myself doing 85MPH..got on cruse pronto.MPG not that it makes any difference but we did 12.8 westbound on the Ohio TPK no camper and a steady 10MPG Eastbound with a very empty 3400, Tow command on A/C on.Noted that on a long grade it dropped to 7.8 then back to 10 on the level. Now we expect to add 1k to 1.5K of stuff to the 3400. The truck has but 5500 miles on it so the motor is still tight.Someone said that a 8MPG or so MPG figure would be realistic and my guess is that will be right when loaded

Town and County Rv in Clyde are just great to deal with. They installed two max flow vents. two Interstate 12V deep cycle batteries the Duo-therm low profile A/C was installed by them for no extra charge over the factory 2nd A/C. Oh and a 50 to 30 map connector all for no extra charge. Helen got to pull it before I did.While I was looking at a truck I thought Dsprik might be interested in I noticed the camper was gone.Helen was tooling around the lot practicing backing up and parallel parking.She is such a smarty pants,,she did let me drive it home but would not let me back it into the driveway..she is a good girl.. Back out to fool with the camper....We are very happy campers..

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Congradulations on the "Perfect" 3400. And congradulations to Keystone for doing a great job on it. Happy camping.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #3
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
Congradulations Rich & Helen I hope the good luck will last for as long as you own your Montana, Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Congratulations Rich! I agree with you on giving people kudos, I think too often we fire off an email or phone call when something isn't right but forget to give credit to people or great service when something is. I commend you!

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
See what doing your homework will get you...I'll bet you blew them away when you went there and did the pre PDI...They probably thought, "Well, this guy knows his stuff and we don't want to give him anything to complain about, so even if it is the flashlight, we are going to replace it..." You go Rich.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Rich & Helen,
Congratulations on your new Montana And Rich...thanks so much for the hours of reading, education, and enjoyment following your selection and purchase of your 3400RL. It has been so much fun!! I hope you continue to entertain us all with your insightful input on this forum, it is so educational.
We can’t wait until this time next year because it will be our turn to be selecting, purchasing, and inspecting our new 5er. Can you please post your final PDI We would like to use it when we get our unit. We have narrowed it down to the Montana 3000RK or 3475RL, or the Everest 293P or 323K.
Again, congratulations and enjoy!!
Karl
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:30 PM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Rich, I know we've been joking about the flashlight, but it really seems as if Keystone got a bad batch - or maybe it's the way they are storing them before putting them in the units?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Karl..all good choices and let the fun begin....The primary PDI is one listed on this forum and my 31 item hit list were things found by MOC members while doing their PDI. Read the forum and when folks do their PDI keep a list of things they find wrong. And Kathi Matt the PDI guy at the dealership said that he wished that more folks did the Pre-PDI as it made things go better for both parties. I know it is not always possible.He had the 31 item list before the 3400 was delivered. He knew exactly what I wanted him to look for and after my Pre-PDI I left another list of things I wanted him to check.Example the "leaky drain in the shower" I did not find a leak but Told him I knew it would leak because MOC menbers said so. He replaced the entire drain. It looks like the one in your home. Had I found a major issue they may have been able to correct it before the PDI or if it required a order postpone the PDI..The pre-PDI requires no time on the dealers part..you do all the work. The pre-PDI made things easier for him and he did a better job for me..that's the way things work..
Old 05-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #9
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
Congratulations on your new Monty!
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #10
kwbosch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3237
Congratulations!

I think the whole MOC family can breathe a sigh of relief for you.

Ken
kwbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:07 PM   #11
yvonnenid
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4853
Congratulations Rich and Helen!
See we 06 owners told you there would be no problems! Well, we are sure glad we were right! I know you will love your Monty as much as we love ours, even if it isn't a 3670. Can't wait to hear about your maiden voyage!
yvonnenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #12
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Rich & Helen,

Congrats on the delivery of your new coach. Enjoy your new toy!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:55 PM   #13
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Yes but we now have a terrible new problem plaguing Keystone... the flashlights do not work on any of the new units. But that's the only thing. Wait... have we established that the whole "blue coiled hose" thing can be classified as a "resolved" issue yet???
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:42 AM   #14
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We're forgetting the most important point here....Helen, you are awesome! Jumping right in there and driving the rig. Congratulations to you! I like your spirit!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:06 AM   #15
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Congrats Rich and Helen. It has been a long process, but it looks like it was worth all the trouble. Enjoy!
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:05 AM   #16
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Congrats Rich and Helen and Keystone for making their dreams come true. I hope we get to see the new 5er before August and maybe Helen can teach Patti how to pull the Monty! You two have been great ambassadors for Montana, it only proves that when you get yours and NO problems on the PDI. Enjoy!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:33 AM   #17
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Rich & Helen,
I'm so happy for you both!! Glad everything went well. Helen - you go girl!! Show em how it's done! When we purchased ours, the people at Northgate RV in Ringgold GA really were good to us. Thinking back on it, we knew NOTHING, we didn't know what to look for or anything concerning a PDI or a Pre PDI. We just fell in love with the 3000RK instantly. They showed us every little nook & crannie, operated everything, explained everything, told us so much info. Alot of little tricks they knew about, etc...They got us off to a great start and we realize now how great they really were after being part of the MOC for the last few months! Anyway, this is your day!! Enjoy your new rig!! We Want Pictures!!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:08 AM   #18
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Congratulations!!

Did they balance the wheels and did they adjust the brakes pre-delivery?
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:12 AM   #19
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Congrats on the new rig. Now, go have fun!!
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:35 AM   #20
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by patodonn

Congratulations!!

Did they balance the wheels and did they adjust the brakes pre-delivery?
They did not balance the wheels because they did not have the equipment to do that. I am however, on the advice of my tire guy, going to have them balanced. They did check out the brakes as I was concerned about Ford TBC brake errors and there was enough evidence on this forum to justify pulling the wheels and checking the system out...Found no problems Also all the tank guages work and still work.Just refilled all the tanks and did another leak check ..still holding.The camper has about 230 road miles on it.Nothing fell off yet.