Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #1
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
Send a message via Yahoo to dchafer
Surround sound

Can anyone help here. We have a 3400 RL. When the tv is on, only the tv speakers work, I would think it would be surround sound also...the surround sound comes out of all speakers when we watch a dvd so I know they work well.
How do we connect the speakers so that we have sound when only tv is on. Appreciate any help. Thanks, Diane.

dchafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Diane,
Wow you have sound through all 5 speakers!! Many folks have had trouble with their dvd units. My Quest unit will not allow me to use the surround sound system to watch tv, it only works through the speakers when I play a cd or dvd. If you do a search on the dvd player I am sure you will find alot of great information. The most common solution so far is folks have gone out and bought a new surround sound system and got rid of the Quest unit all together. This is my last attempt to fix this unit, my dealership is going to order a new one for the 3rd time and see if this one will play through all 5 speakers. If not I am going to go with a different brand all together. Hope you enjoy your 3400RL!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:26 AM   #3
jimc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #380
We have the Quest 3000 in our 3295, and I finally got the last speaker to work - loose wire to the left front speaker covered in this forum last week. There are 6 speakers counting the sub-woofer in the storage compartment over the pantry. If you read the Quest manual, I believe that it says surround sound works only with a DVD or CD - not FM/AM. I don't know why, but that's the way ours works.
jimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:32 PM   #4
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
I took the rear speaker wires and connected them with the speaker wires for the speakers above the TV. Now I get the TV to the rear speakers. No surround sound from the TV but still get it from the DVD.

If you like to fish you may want to use the Quest unit as an anchor.

Best of luck,
Dick Driver
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #5
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
You will find lots of posts in the past on the Qwest units. After two bad units and speaker problems, we upgraded to a Yamaha system with Cambridge speakers. We have a great system now, better than many people have at home. It's a little overkill for the Montana, but when you've got Independance Day on, it sounds great with the windows shaking.

One of the reasons that you only get surround sound with DVD/CD is that regular TV is not broadcast in 5.1 surround sound. If you are running from a satellite receiver, however, you should get the surround sound. Just because you have 5 speakers doesn't mean that the sound was recorded to take advantage of it. Just like all television isn't broadcast in HDTV. Hope this helps.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote