Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2023 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2023, 01:06 PM   #1
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Changes to the Keystone RV Tech Visits

Please read the below in it's entirety.
The Keystone Tech Visit program has changed

To all attendees of the MOC North American Fall Rally.
We know that this new program will present a change with what our seasoned Rally attendees are accustomed to having with a Tech Visit. The Tech Visit program as we know it is forever changed and will be replaced with the new Keystone Learning Lab. This new program will help supply answers to your questions as well as help you with maintaining the Safety, Dependability and Longevity of your beautiful Montana.

Keystone RV’s all new “Learning Lab” is an exciting new program that will be introduced at this year’s MOC Rally. The “Learning Lab” is designed to help customers know their RV better, become equipped to manage simple repairs themselves, and to empower Keystone customers with knowledge. Please be sure to sign up and spend 20 minutes with a Keystone Product Manager. Each of these Product Managers have a wealth of knowledge to help you “Camp Better.”

If you choose to request a 20-minute Product Manager visit, it is important that you are well prepared for your visit, just follow the steps listed below.

1) When signing up, there will be a limit of no more than two concerns listed for each Montana.
(Sign up will be posted on the Forum in the future.)
2) You will receive a call at the cell phone number listed at the time of sign up, prior to your appointment.
3) Failure to adhere to your appointment time and the 20 Minute time limit may cause others not to receive their 20 minutes, due to limited time requirements.
4) If an issue is determined to require immediate attention, Safety or Structural, Keystone Service Repair Operations will be at once involved to determine the best course of action.

A major source of information on your Montana is the “My Keystone App.” This app offers a host of, Do It Yourself repairs, Technical Advice, Evaluate a particular situation, and How To’s.
Registration is easy at, My Keystone RV App - Keystone RV

The 2023 Wagon Master Team is grateful to Keystone for providing the new “Learning Lab” program to all Rally attendees. We totally appreciate everyone’s cooperation with this new program from Keystone. This program offers us all an opportunity that will help us “Camp Better” and maintain our beautiful Montana’s.
Thank you!

Information required to participate in this program.

You will be allowed to submit 2 RV problem issues. The final date information will be accepted is 23 August 2023

Please provide the following:

Name: (Full name. No Screen names please)

Date of Arrival:

VIN: last 8 of your VIN

Issue 1: Short description

Issue 2: Short description

Again the suspense date is 23 August 2023

[Click here to Sign Up by Aug 23rd]

Old 07-03-2023, 06:16 PM   #2
Butchl
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #29769
If I'm understanding this correctly, Keystone is not going to do any minor repairs, but they will educate us how to fix it?
Old 07-03-2023, 07:23 PM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchl View Post
If I'm understanding this correctly, Keystone is not going to do any minor repairs, but they will educate us how to fix it?
Sounds like it: You know... "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
Old 07-04-2023, 12:15 AM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Sounds like the service tech visits are a thing of the past at our Montana Rally coming up and in the future Rallies. Sorry to see this go but progress is inevitable. See everyone in September.
Old 07-06-2023, 07:16 AM   #5
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
I didn't see this as a good thing as most cannot physically do to themselves and some have no mechanical skills themselves. Makes you wonder what the other manufacturers are doing as well.
Old 07-06-2023, 07:19 AM   #6
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
The RV industry is shrinking ... now the shrinkage flows down hill.
Old 07-06-2023, 10:07 AM   #7
Butchl
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #29769
Agreed!
Even those that are capable, it was truly nice to get a couple of things taken care of at the rally.
Parts aren't as readily available, or easy to attain as we're lead to believe.
Thank you Keystone for your support.
Old 07-10-2023, 11:44 AM   #8
Jed and Kaye Darby
Established Member

M.O.C. #23847
Things that make you go hummmmm

Wow, late breaking news, tech visits are no more, instead they will come and tell you how to fix your own rig. That's like the "self checkout" solution. We have come to expect much better from the pinnacle of the Keystone brand.
When we told folks what Keystone had done for us at past rallies they were envious of the way Keystone treated it's Montana owners.
Old 07-10-2023, 04:16 PM   #9
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Sounds like they are 'cheaping out' on us. Last time there, they gave me 2 shelves for the fridge and fixed something else on the back of the rig.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
Old 07-10-2023, 07:53 PM   #10
Cbrez
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28306
While it is disappointing they won’t be making any repairs, I still appreciate the opportunity to talk with a tech on site. It can be hit or miss to get good tech support over the phone.
Old 07-25-2023, 01:23 PM   #11
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Don't forget or wait to late if you plan to participate in the keystone Learning Lab. This post will close 23 Aug 2023.
Old 07-25-2023, 03:11 PM   #12
Griller
Established Member

M.O.C. #29611
I tried to sign up for the keystone Rv tech and it wouldn’t let me
Old 07-25-2023, 03:13 PM   #13
Griller
Established Member

M.O.C. #29611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bird View Post
Please read the below in it's entirety.
The Keystone Tech Visit program has changed

To all attendees of the MOC North American Fall Rally.
We know that this new program will present a change with what our seasoned Rally attendees are accustomed to having with a Tech Visit. The Tech Visit program as we know it is forever changed and will be replaced with the new Keystone Learning Lab. This new program will help supply answers to your questions as well as help you with maintaining the Safety, Dependability and Longevity of your beautiful Montana.

Keystone RV’s all new “Learning Lab” is an exciting new program that will be introduced at this year’s MOC Rally. The “Learning Lab” is designed to help customers know their RV better, become equipped to manage simple repairs themselves, and to empower Keystone customers with knowledge. Please be sure to sign up and spend 20 minutes with a Keystone Product Manager. Each of these Product Managers have a wealth of knowledge to help you “Camp Better.”

If you choose to request a 20-minute Product Manager visit, it is important that you are well prepared for your visit, just follow the steps listed below.

1) When signing up, there will be a limit of no more than two concerns listed for each Montana.
(Sign up will be posted on the Forum in the future.)
2) You will receive a call at the cell phone number listed at the time of sign up, prior to your appointment.
3) Failure to adhere to your appointment time and the 20 Minute time limit may cause others not to receive their 20 minutes, due to limited time requirements.
4) If an issue is determined to require immediate attention, Safety or Structural, Keystone Service Repair Operations will be at once involved to determine the best course of action.

A major source of information on your Montana is the “My Keystone App.” This app offers a host of, Do It Yourself repairs, Technical Advice, Evaluate a particular situation, and How To’s.
Registration is easy at, My Keystone RV App - Keystone RV

The 2023 Wagon Master Team is grateful to Keystone for providing the new “Learning Lab” program to all Rally attendees. We totally appreciate everyone’s cooperation with this new program from Keystone. This program offers us all an opportunity that will help us “Camp Better” and maintain our beautiful Montana’s.
Thank you!

Information required to participate in this program.

You will be allowed to submit 2 RV problem issues. The final date information will be accepted is 23 August 2023

Please provide the following:

Name: (Full name. No Screen names please)

Date of Arrival:

VIN: last 8 of your VIN

Issue 1: Short description

Issue 2: Short description

Again the suspense date is 23 August 2023

[Click here to Sign Up by Aug 23rd]
I tried to sign up for the keystone Rv tech site and it wouldn’t let me
Old 07-25-2023, 03:33 PM   #14
Marilynd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19388
Thank you for letting us know. We’ll look into it.
2020 GMC 3500 Crew Cab Dually
Old 07-25-2023, 06:20 PM   #15
watsonjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18104
Griller, we are not aware of any issues. I have sent you a private message with my contact info. Give me a call and we can see if we can work out the issue.

Thanks,
David
Old 08-06-2023, 10:20 AM   #16
Annaoinga
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15850
Learning Lab Question

So maybe I'm too literal but a "Learning Lab" to me sounds like a room where we get to learn things... I'd love that! Maybe they will show us the most common failure items and how to fix them? That would be amazing!

Thanks Keystone!
Old 08-07-2023, 09:31 AM   #17
DrRx
Established Member

M.O.C. #23781
Form will still not let you send it in.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:34 AM   #18
JAWatsonJones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30853
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRx View Post
Form will still not let you send it in.
Sending you a PM with our phone number. Call us if you are still having issues.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:21 PM   #19
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
In 5 days from today 08/17/2023, this post will close (23 Aug 2023). The final report will be sent to Keystone. They need this time to review the issues to determine what actions and resources needed to be taken.
Old 08-23-2023, 10:03 PM   #20
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
THIS POST IS CLOSED AS OF MIDNIGHT[ 23 Aug 2023
Closed Thread