Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #21
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Rich,

Thanks for the link, I've saved it in case my topper doesn't work. This is not a full time thing for us yet so I hope this will at least be a stop gap thing.

mac

Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:58 AM   #22
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Mac, we found that the 1 1/2" memory foam topper was unbelievably comfortable. I am 245 # (was 270 #), and for 1 year before we got it I was miserable, then slept like a baby for 3 years after we got it (same mattress). Another consideration - as most will tell you - it is heavy. Very dense material. The thicker, the heavier. I will stay with the 1 1/2" as it is extremely comfortable and lighter than thicker pads. Maybe different mfrs make this differently, though - which might explain why some have not been happy. We have been overjoyed, as we were preparing to spend up to $2K for a new mattress for our stick house. Now totally unnecessary.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:10 AM   #23
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Dave,

I almost "split the difference" and went with the 3" but most reviews I read here and other places indicated the thicker one was superior. The price wasn't a great deal more than the smaller one and if it helps my wife sleep with her arthritis it will be well worth it. On the other hand I have a bad back and I'm a little concerned about making the bed too soft, that's one of the reasons we have the sleep number bed at home. I recently saw a new mattress called Intellibed, or something like that and I REALLY liked it, at least on the showroom floor, but it's REALLY expensive. They didn't seem inclined to allow me to just sort of camp out for a few days to see if it would really help. That's one of the problems with buying a bed or a pillow, by the time you figure out it doesn't work, it's too late.

I'll let you know how our topper works for us.

BTW, called my bookie, there still isn't an over under posted on your Monty delivery.

mac
Old 06-03-2006, 04:18 AM   #24
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I just bought the Temp Soma memory foam pad for our new 3400RL. We had a queen size one in our New Vision and loved it.

I have degenerative disk disease so I know first hand about the bad back posts. I also added the Serta pillow top mattress cover on top of the memory foam. I sleep on these as well as I do on my expensive pillow top at home.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:43 AM   #25
bpierce
Established Member

M.O.C. #5835
Mac said:
Quote:
quote:BTW, called my bookie, there still isn't an over under posted on your Monty delivery.

mac
I noticed what you had said about their delivery, and am still waiting on mine as well. Just wondering how you find out about the offline date and delivery date, maybe I can validate what my dealer is telling me. Oh yeah, what is an over/under??

Bryan
bpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:50 AM   #26
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Bryan,

In Dave's profile he has all that information about ordered and crossed out and ordered and waiting and he mentioned about the bookie thing so I was just joking around with him. As far as your unit, I'm sure someone here can tell you how to check on delivery.

mac
Old 06-03-2006, 09:03 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
well your dealer should be able to tell you that as Montnana gives them the build date and estimated delivery date..If you know who your Montana/mountaineer district sales manager is he/ can find out...There is no reasom why your dealers information should not be accurate..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:54 PM   #28
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mac

... BTW, called my bookie, there still isn't an over under posted on your Monty delivery.

mac
I leave for the day, and you guys start talking about me... Actually, the bets are still hot. I talked to Mark Krol. He says that the unit is supposed to go on the line the week of the 10th. That means it will probably come off the line and be ready for shipment to the dealer the next day. I'm not sure of the process from there, but the dealer then has to receive it, and prep it (Pre-PDI in my case), then Cheryl and I have to come down (ASAP, due to our schedule) and do our full PDI. Then get back north ASAP to meet Rich and Helen and Steve and Patty in Mackinaw City that weekend. Is that squeezing it? You bet! Story of my life. Need to do a THOROUGH PDI, though.

We have accomplished the impossible before. As I said, we will be meticulous, and something could come up. Pre-PDI should help immensely.

We will do what we have to do.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:37 PM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Dave..the bets should be will you make it to MacKinaw city. Here's a thought Dave based on our experience with the pre PDI and I suspect the same conditions will apply to you..you know...The pre pdi and PDI could possibly be on the same day.We actually found nothing on the Pre PDI that could not have been addressed in a hour and we could have taken it that day...Unfortunatly I was driving the Honda Civic and don't think we would have got very far hooked up to that.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:10 PM   #30
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I don't know... what's your GVWR on that Honda?

I thought I would send my Pre-PDI list to both the plant (can't hurt) and to Bill Tea (dealer). I am open to going down at any time - even when it's scheduled to roll out the plant doors.

We will definitely be in Mack City - one way or the other to camp. Cheryl has that time off already spoken for - so that's a done deal. Also, we're the ones who talked you guys into this, picked the CG, and we are to act as tour guides as this is our stomping grounds. For us not to show up and camp, is not an option. It would be nice if we didn't have to borrow ro rent, but we're goin'. Even if I have to borrow Mark Krol's unit...

We plan on having our 3400 for Mack City, though.

Sorry... off topic... I plan on a new 1 1/2" - 3" topper in our 3400 king bed. There...
Old 06-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #31
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We just saw a 60X80 4 inch memory foam topper at Wally Mart tonite for 128.95.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:24 PM   #32
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Is that an RV queen size, Rich?
Old 06-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #33
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Dave,

Yes, I think that is a queen size measurement. I think we paid that same price for our King size topper last week. The price that we paid was about the same as Rich posted for the queen.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:18 AM   #34
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Driftwoodgal

Dave,

Yes, I think that is a queen size measurement. I think we paid that same price for our King size topper last week. The price that we paid was about the same as Rich posted for the queen.
Like she said..like she said..The price for the queen and king were the same, the full was a bit less..The e foam topper was a option on the bear bed we purchased but we chose to hold off till we see how the bed works without one...
Old 06-05-2006, 02:26 AM   #35
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Picked up a memory foam topper from Sam's club for the queen bed in our 2955RL. Used it all last week and made a big difference. I think it cost $105.00, fit perfect on the bed.
RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:24 AM   #36
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
OMG all these post about the memory foam topper.Looks like I just might need this.My question coming from a newly single guy is where does it go??Does it sit on top of the mattress?Or under the sheets??
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:35 AM   #37
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
It goes like this (from the bottom up): mattress/mem foam topper/mattress pad/sheets.

Mattress pad is critical, as the mem foam really stores heat in a hurray - bad in the summer months. A good mattress pad will buffer this tendency to build up the heat between your body and the foam.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:11 AM   #38
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
harleyrider,

Your memory foam will have a cover for it that just zips around it. We added an additional Serta quilted mattress top over the memory foam cover. I need to pretend I am a playing the part of princess in the "Princess and the pea". I really have a horrible back, this set up is as comfortable as my expensive pillow top here at home.

dsprik,

I guess we haven't experienced the heat from the memory foam because we have had the quilted mattress pad in the New Vision. Thanks for the information.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:22 AM   #39
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Driftwoodgal, it took us a grand total of two nights to get something between us and that foam - besides just a standard cotton sheet. It was REALLY warm. A cotton padded mattress cover made all the difference, and still gave you the benefit of the mem foam comfort. Ours did not come with a pre-designed cover. A standard king form fitted pad worked well.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:30 PM   #40
Montana_5688

M.O.C. #5688
Try Costco for the foam topper. We have one in our 2980RL.
Montana_5688 is offline   Reply With Quote