Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-22-2019, 06:39 PM   #41
mlh
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Salem
Posts: 4,896
M.O.C. #2283
This has been an interesting discussion. Its like in some parts of the country you don’t need a horn very often or almost not at all and some parts they are essential. If you need one it better be one that will get someone’s attention. I’m one of the lucky ones I almost never need one.
Lynwood
__________________
www.harrellsprec.com
Lynwood Harrell
323 RL HC 2008 F250
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:43 PM   #42
pepkat
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Monkey Island,
Posts: 3
M.O.C. #24106
A agree with you. Unfortunately, some folks have never learned how to enter an expressway/freeway! They need to understand it is their responsibility to MERGE into traffic,
pepkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:34 PM   #43
beeje
Montana Master
 
beeje's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: westminster md
Posts: 1,335
M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepkat View Post
A agree with you. Unfortunately, some folks have never learned how to enter an expressway/freeway! They need to understand it is their responsibility to MERGE into traffic,
Exactly, You should get up to and be at the speed of traffic BEFORE merging with the oncoming traffic.
__________________
2014 GMC 3500 Dually diesel 4x4 CCLB. Curt q24.
2011 Montana 3455 SA. 6 point level up. Disc brakes.
Progressive EMS. Valterra tank valves. Sailun G637 tires. ARP fridge control. All led lighting. Mor Ryde IS to be installed 6/2020
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:29 AM   #44
DebNJim B
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Northville, NY
Posts: 283
M.O.C. #21158
Not all of us blow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
Horns seem to be an East Coast thing. Can't remember the last time I used mine.
I too am a "noreaster" but I use my horn so seldom that when I do I have to look for it. If I needed it quickly the issue would pass before I found it.

I do stay clear of the Northway this time of year. In fact right now I'm in North GA which is similar to the Adirondacks and enjoying their fall foliage. oh, did I mention it's warmer too?
__________________
Jim B
2017 Lariat F-350 FX4, CC, SB, 6.7 PSD 4WD
2018 MONTY 3731FL, Residential Refer
DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:42 AM   #45
Dave W
Montana Master
 
Dave W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 919
M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
I too am a "noreaster" but I use my horn so seldom that when I do I have to look for it. If I needed it quickly the issue would pass before I found it.

I do stay clear of the Northway this time of year. In fact right now I'm in North GA which is similar to the Adirondacks and enjoying their fall foliage. oh, did I mention it's warmer too?



If we lived in Northville/Sacandaga Lake, instead of 2 miles from I-87, I too would have little use for that road, use NY30, and seldom if ever need any kind of horn. The Northway was almost bumper to bumper yesterday at 11:30AM between Clifton Park and Saratoga.
__________________
Dave W
Traveling with my DW Susan, a couple poodlepups and our 2014 Montana High Country 343RL, being towed by a 6.7 2011 F250 CCLB using a B&W hitch and OEM puck system
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #46
DebNJim B
Montana Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Northville, NY
Posts: 283
M.O.C. #21158
I feel your pain Dave. That section especially can get very busy at certain times of day. Now if you really want some fun come on down and pull your 5er through Atlanta around 4pm on a Friday. That's when we usually come through after a week in Charleston. DW just shuts her eyes and does the prayin'.
__________________
Jim B
2017 Lariat F-350 FX4, CC, SB, 6.7 PSD 4WD
2018 MONTY 3731FL, Residential Refer
DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:57 AM   #47
Dave W
Montana Master
 
Dave W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 919
M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
I feel your pain Dave. That section especially can get very busy at certain times of day. Now if you really want some fun come on down and pull your 5er through Atlanta around 4pm on a Friday. That's when we usually come through after a week in Charleston. DW just shuts her eyes and does the prayin'.

Jim, I've had that fun along with more then enough other joyous big cities and their drivers to fill my needs. Itisn't getting any better nor will it in my and my kids and grandkids time.
__________________
Dave W
Traveling with my DW Susan, a couple poodlepups and our 2014 Montana High Country 343RL, being towed by a 6.7 2011 F250 CCLB using a B&W hitch and OEM puck system
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×