Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2019, 06:39 PM   #41
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
This has been an interesting discussion. Its like in some parts of the country you don’t need a horn very often or almost not at all and some parts they are essential. If you need one it better be one that will get someone’s attention. I’m one of the lucky ones I almost never need one.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:43 PM   #42
pepkat

M.O.C. #24106
A agree with you. Unfortunately, some folks have never learned how to enter an expressway/freeway! They need to understand it is their responsibility to MERGE into traffic,
pepkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 04:34 PM   #43
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepkat View Post
A agree with you. Unfortunately, some folks have never learned how to enter an expressway/freeway! They need to understand it is their responsibility to MERGE into traffic,
Exactly, You should get up to and be at the speed of traffic BEFORE merging with the oncoming traffic.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:29 AM   #44
DebNJim B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21158
Not all of us blow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
Horns seem to be an East Coast thing. Can't remember the last time I used mine.
I too am a "noreaster" but I use my horn so seldom that when I do I have to look for it. If I needed it quickly the issue would pass before I found it.

I do stay clear of the Northway this time of year. In fact right now I'm in North GA which is similar to the Adirondacks and enjoying their fall foliage. oh, did I mention it's warmer too?
DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:42 AM   #45
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
I too am a "noreaster" but I use my horn so seldom that when I do I have to look for it. If I needed it quickly the issue would pass before I found it.

I do stay clear of the Northway this time of year. In fact right now I'm in North GA which is similar to the Adirondacks and enjoying their fall foliage. oh, did I mention it's warmer too?

If we lived in Northville/Sacandaga Lake, instead of 2 miles from I-87, I too would have little use for that road, use NY30, and seldom if ever need any kind of horn. The Northway was almost bumper to bumper yesterday at 11:30AM between Clifton Park and Saratoga.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #46
DebNJim B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21158
I feel your pain Dave. That section especially can get very busy at certain times of day. Now if you really want some fun come on down and pull your 5er through Atlanta around 4pm on a Friday. That's when we usually come through after a week in Charleston. DW just shuts her eyes and does the prayin'.
DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:57 AM   #47
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebNJim B View Post
I feel your pain Dave. That section especially can get very busy at certain times of day. Now if you really want some fun come on down and pull your 5er through Atlanta around 4pm on a Friday. That's when we usually come through after a week in Charleston. DW just shuts her eyes and does the prayin'.

Jim, I've had that fun along with more then enough other joyous big cities and their drivers to fill my needs. Itisn't getting any better nor will it in my and my kids and grandkids time.