Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2019, 07:57 AM   #21
Rod Spohn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24052
Hoping not to regret

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking View Post
Hi Rod, welcome to the forum and world of Montana 5ers. Not to alarm you, but do you have enough truck for the size trailer you have? Just wonderin!
John, I hope so. We took the word of a friend who's family sells trailers and the word of the sales people at the Montana dealer. I would have bought a smaller trailer. Didn't really want to trade my truck since I'm working to pay things down. I did add air bags and upgraded to E rated Michelin's. I've only taken the Monty out one time up to the mountains. It handed great, stopped fine and pulled the steep hills like a champ. Wife hates dully look but looking back I probably should have went with a 1 ton.

Rod Spohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:56 PM   #22
Sparatacus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24110
Yeah, my wife doesn't like the duelly either but I still drill it in her mind all the time so that in time she will give in, funny thing about the mind it's call brainwash in a nice way lol.
Sparatacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 05:11 PM   #23
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Generally speaking your truck appears to have some pretty solid specs. Payload is typically the "gotcha". The sticker in your door jamb should tell you what yours is rated at. Your 5er is likely in the neighborhood of 2700-2800 lbs dry hitch weight. Loaded weight would be closer to 3300-3500 lbs. You might be right in there.

BTW, welcome and happy towing.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:05 PM   #24
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparatacus View Post
Yeah, my wife doesn't like the duelly either but I still drill it in her mind all the time so that in time she will give in, funny thing about the mind it's call brainwash in a nice way lol.
Just the opposite here. I have a great 2016 F350 SRW. I lost the fight today! My wife sent me to the Ford dealer today. In the morning I'll finish my order for a dually. Do NOT want a dually or a long bed but you can only fight a battle so long before it becomes a war.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote