Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2019, 10:49 AM   #1
BridgesAcrossAmerica
Established Member

M.O.C. #23341
PDI Checklist

We have been full-timing since November 2017 in our 2017 Keystone Hideout 5th Wheel. We purchased a new 20th Anniversary Montana 3120RL (with solar option) at the Tampa RV SuperShow from Lazy Days back in January and will be picking it up/trading in the Hideout in a couple of weeks. Just a couple of questions:

1. Can anyone point me to a really good PDI checklist that is ideally specific to the Montana? I know I can find generic checklists all over the place...just wondering if someone may have created one for Montanas.

2. I know to check EVERYTHING, but is there anything on the 3120RLs that I REALLY need to pay attention to and/or make absolutely SURE I check because of known issues you may have run across?

Thanks so much for your help!

Regards/Jon

BridgesAcrossAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
wecker1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20840
Jon,

I don't have a PDI checklist to share but I do have some advice for you. I too purchased my Montana from LD in Tampa and was promised my unit would have all previously identified punch list items completed prior to my arrival on the "scheduled" pick-up date. Of the 13 items on the list only 3 had been completed by the time we arrived (8AM). We finally drove off the lot at 5:30PM (rush-hour in Tampa) and only because I assisted the technicians in completing some of the items, and getting written authorization from the sales manager to have the remaining issues addressed by outside vendors and send them (LD) the bill for payment. Needless to say it was an extremely stressful day and one that I wouldn't want you to experience. I say this because we weren't aware that LD allows new buyers to overnight in their park there at the sales location. We had scheduled only the one day to drive 250 miles to Tampa, pick-up the RV, and then return home. If I had it to do over again I would plan at least 2 days, overnighting 1, 2 if possible, which will allow time to address all punch list items previously identified, and any new ones discovered during your overnighting. After spending a night or two you may also have new questions about exactly what this switch does, and how does this work, etc.

Tire pressure was one of the items on my punch-list which they assured me they had checked, needless to say I checked the pressure and the tires were between 15-18lbs. underinflated! Bring your own pressure gauge and check the pressure yourself.

Good luck and enjoy!
wecker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
BridgesAcrossAmerica
Established Member

M.O.C. #23341
Thanks Wayne and Karen! We are actually staying in the Lazy Days campground from Apr 19th - 28th. We go over to the trade-in location on the 23rd and will spend the night over there. I wanted to stick around a few more days after we made the trade just in case we had questions or other issues.

Thanks again for the reply!
BridgesAcrossAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:38 AM   #4
Kid1956
Established Member

M.O.C. #22775
Jon brings up an a thought. Maybe, since there are so many issues these days, many for specific models... there could be a section for model specific items to formulate a comprehensive model specific PDI. Not really intended for ranting on items, but, 'these are the things we checked and found when we bought ours and things we missed'... just start a thread for each of the models...

I dont need this,, yet,, as I had just bought my 2003 2880RL last year, and havent seen hardly any of the issues y'all are bringing up on these newer ones. But who knows, I might could be in the market for one next year, so.... just a thought..
Old 04-09-2019, 02:56 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
While you can "Search" here on the MOC for Montana PDI checklist and find a bunch, here is a link to a recent posting with one of the most complete one I have read.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=72800

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote