Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #21
Clemson1881
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9432
The bear is from Cedar Creek Silverback series fifth wheels.

Clemson1881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #22
Navigator
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1894
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF

Navigator, just curious. How did you come by that bear scene decal?
My daughter and son-in-law have a Cedar Creek and Jim loved the big bear decal on their rig so the kids gave one to him for Christmas one year. I often wonder what other Montana owners think when they see us on the road.
Kathy

Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #23
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HOOK

Red Max Pro 3 made her look the best she ever has.
Does the heavy scrubbing damage the gel coat?
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #24
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by simonsrf

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HOOK

Red Max Pro 3 made her look the best she ever has.
Does the heavy scrubbing damage the gel coat?
Didn't scrub it that hard. Toughest spots were on end caps and where gutters run down. Most other was easy and didn't require much work.
There were noticable light abrasions but disappeared when RMP3 was applied. End caps wee very dull when I started and even when I finished scrubbing , but shined up after 2nd coat. Like new
After 4.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #25
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Navigator, I knew where that decal was used! That is why I asked the question due to the fact that Cedar Creek was my last employer before my retirement. I immediately recognized where it was used. However, I think it looks good! The mountain scene and the bear scene go together because, don't bears generally live in moutainous regions? Just MHO.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:58 AM   #26
Navigator
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1894
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF

Navigator, I knew where that decal was used! That is why I asked the question due to the fact that Cedar Creek was my last employer before my retirement. I immediately recognized where it was used. However, I think it looks good! The mountain scene and the bear scene go together because, don't bears generally live in moutainous regions? Just MHO.
Thanks, we thought the two decals went well together too!

I want to thank you again for referring us to a fellow employee of Lippert (from Temecula, Ca. I think). We had problems with our hydraulic system almost 6 or 7 years ago and he drove down to us and repaired the problem at no charge to us. Whenever I see a post from you it brings back good memories of how helpful you've been to all of the MOC members!
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #27
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Thank you for the very kind words, Jim! I don't recall that particular incident. It was most likely one of our techs from Lippert at the time from Rialto. I do recall having sent Dave out all over Southern Califirnia on numerous occasions. I was just doing what I was being paid to do to the best of my ability. Now, I'm on this side of the fence and life is good! But, you can bet your sweet a** that if I am ever at a camp ground and somebody from this club is there and having an issue, I'll do what I can to help.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #28
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
I am having a hard time finding RMP in my area. Sam's Club has a vinyl floor finish called ProForce. It is acrylic polymer. Is RMP a unique formula, or is it also an acrylic floor finish. Grainger has Zep. Can I use one of these with the same results, or is there something special about RMP? Will soft Scrub work in the place of BKF? I know,...i'm being a rebel here, just looking for options to make shopping a little easier.
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #29
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I have read where folks are using Zep from Home Depot since RMP is getting hard to find, but no personal experince with it. Just did the RMP to the end caps of mine yesterday.
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #30
BrokenElbow
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6835
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steelpony5555

I have read where folks are using Zep from Home Depot since RMP is getting hard to find, but no personal experince with it. Just did the RMP to the end caps of mine yesterday.
I think I recall a post on rv.net which indicated that ZEP owns RMP. There is a ZEP product at HD that is very close if not identical to RMP and some have used it with the same results as RMP. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the ZEP product, but a search on rv.net should give you the information. Hope that's helpful.
BrokenElbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #31
mobilcastle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11759
Way to go Larry!!I am sure it looks great. RedProMax is at Lowe's last time I looked. Anyone ever used the RedMaxPro stripper product?
mobilcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:59 AM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes on the @ 3 year shelf life on the decals.. Apparently the glue deteriorates.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:44 AM   #33
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
You may have said, but which Scotch Brite pad did you use, the green, or blue? Thanks in Advance, Bob
Buffpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #34
Jetson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #180
I used the coarse scotch brite on the badly oxidized gel coat and came back again with thefine pad. Don't scrub the decals, just clean them with a sponge.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #35
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Green
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:57 AM   #36
kenandjudy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10640
I have read many threads on Red Pro Max 3 and Aerospace 303 for protecting Monty. Is one prefered for certain areas over the other.
Thanks Ken
kenandjudy is offline   Reply With Quote